Another cracked chassis.

Fab1

4 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

fab...where do you keep finding these gems..yow that's not good...rick

That's from a Forum I follow that just happened to a bloke mate.

It can happen to all makes of utes as owners forget that the centre of the rear axle is a meter or more away from the back of the tub.Simply physics and "Common Sense" tells me you load em up to much past this point combined with rough roads and something needs to give.

Here's another few.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

5 minutes ago, Trailcraft43 said:

Wow!?

Would that be covered by insurance or vehicle warrantee?

give me my good old 1991 80 series Sahara any day!

They will say you are responsible for neglect(Over loading) is my bet.

And with some if the imbeciles driving utes loaded to the hilt I don't blame them.

Far from being a suspension expert but if you are hitting your bump stops on a regular basis you shouldn't be surprised if your chassis lets go.

It is surprising how many Utes both work and recreational are close if not exceeding gvm and are struggling on stock suspension.

My last work ute was a triton approaching  gvm. The rear springs inverted and hit the bump stops if you hit a speed hump at more than walking pace.  

I own an extra cab rodeo that used to be a paddy wagon..i had issues with springs inverting so I built some stoppers..i will put foto up later..i have also had to weld cracks on the chassis  so I know how easy it is for this to happen..im a fencer so I carry plenty of loads  common sense says put it as far forward as possible...ps.I HATE SPEED BUMPS...rick