copeton seems hit an miss at moment ..three of my mates fished it two weeks ago and didn't turn a reel..we all normally go alright on cod but the boys were devoed with nil result...the westerly winds and cold seem to be shuttin em down..there was a rumour of 1 fish caught 103cm but no one seen it...rick

36 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

copeton seems hit an miss at moment ..three of my mates fished it two weeks ago and didn't turn a reel..we all normally go alright on cod but the boys were devoed with nil result...the westerly winds and cold seem to be shuttin em down..there was a rumour of 1 fish caught 103cm but no one seen it...rick

I was thinking of going late September so hopefully it will warm up a bit and what lures do you recommend for cod

late sept is a good time..big question  there are dozens of cod lures..everyone has faves  I usestumpjumpers spinnerbaits  surface walkers big paddletail soft plastics..there are fotos in previous topics ive posted ''new England cod  and others'' there are lots of colours made but most are designed to catch fisherman not fish..mybest colors are green frog..yellow black stripes..purple..green orange...enter cod in the search function and you will find heaps of topics to sift thru   check fotos in gallery and look for colours that others have had success with..rick 

21 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

late sept is a good time..big question  there are dozens of cod lures..everyone has faves  I usestumpjumpers spinnerbaits  surface walkers big paddletail soft plastics..there are fotos in previous topics ive posted ''new England cod  and others'' there are lots of colours made but most are designed to catch fisherman not fish..mybest colors are green frog..yellow black stripes..purple..green orange...enter cod in the search function and you will find heaps of topics to sift thru   check fotos in gallery and look for colours that others have had success with..rick 

Thanks for the help rick

i will probably be up there the last week of september 

the dam is massive and there are so many choices of places to fish its insane 

ive had plenty of success on yellabelly mostly fishing the timber and boulders around the points my uncle always reckoned cod were the same