warrell creek

rickmarlin62

hey Rick

where are you thinking of launching

you can still launch near the sawmill if you want to go fresh I'm pretty sure boating access under the highway bridge is still closed 

your other options are gumma or scotts head

The gulp 3" crabbys are the lure of choice at the moment for flatties worked slow on the bottom with lots o movement 

I currently live at Eungai Rail unfortunetly I'm working the weekend other wise I'd try and meet you for a fish and a beer nevermind next time

good luck

Dave

fished the creek for six hrs on sunday..beautiful spot..clean sand bottom heaps of nipper holes..seen heaps of flatties  most were only following the sps..caught a few small fish a couple of bream thrown in and seen a couple of absolute crocs layin on the bottom that would have pushed  a metre..warmer weather will see us back there for another crack..we put in at gumma and worked downstream..will try upstream next time..cheers for the info dave..I ended up finding success with gulp crabbys worked slow..small clear poppers worked on bream...rick

16 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

sweet...lovely creek..saw heaps of life in it..huge flatties..monster size blackfish..good bream....nipper holes everywhere..beautiful......loved eungai  nice spot..rick

16 hours ago, Regan said:

bring it on summer

If you guys find yourselves up here in summer I'll make it my mission to get you onto some quality bream, flathead and bass 

On 8/15/2017 at 11:01 PM, dirvin21 said:

If you guys find yourselves up here in summer I'll make it my mission to get you onto some quality bream, flathead and bass 

yeah will have to have a session with you sometime