Anyone for Lawn Bowls?

mrsswordfisherman

Lawn bowls is a bit like darts,people think it's boring.But to be good at both of them certainly requires skill.I play/ed both at competition level in my fairly short lifespan among other things.I got down to a 4 handicap at golf (self taught) and was good at tennis,ping pong etc which I would play all day at times when free.

These days i don't have the time to scratch my backside really and wish I was playing them all still.

I use to love(And still do) like family board game/card nights.

That's a sport isn't it?

Enjoy yourselves guys.

Got to love that club

I won a badge draw there 2+ years back 

Thought its was a prankster ---- 5K -- Payed for a 7 night Barrier Reef Fishing trip.

Have not been there in about a year.

Say hello to the club pres Joey for me please. 

(Your looking good Donna)

D

5 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Lawn bowls is a bit like darts,people think it's boring.But to be good at both of them certainly requires skill.I play/ed both at competition level in my fairly short lifespan among other things.I got down to a 4 handicap at golf (self taught) and was good at tennis,ping pong etc which I would play all day at times when free.

These days i don't have the time to scratch my backside really and wish I was playing them all still.

That's a sport isn't it?

Enjoy yourselves guys.

Interesting isnt it who plays! It is a good way to get some exercise - you walk up and down 42 times at least heh heh

Fab I have always played games. Stewy and I also play online tournament cards - we used to be tournament directors in huge leagues. No money involved just fun cribbage, canasta and euchre. We often play cards with family around the table with nibblies and a drink or 2. We play all the Playstation, xbox, wii and any other damn thing we can get into. 

My daughter just visited home from UK and brought us games - Play That Tune where you have to use a kazoo hahaha and Speak Out. There is always the mandatory game/s on Christmas Day - the house always receives one. We love trivia too.

In my younger days I was a popular girl with the guys because I could play cards etc. I won the best room in a share house once playing cutthroat euchre hahahah.  

I know lots of raiders like games. There is a thread somewhere in the bar with lots of convo. 

Oh by the way we have a darts board that gets played daily too Fab!

39 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Interesting isnt it who plays! It is a good way to get some exercise - you walk up and down 42 times at least heh heh

Fab I have always played games. Stewy and I also play online tournament cards - we used to be tournament directors in huge leagues. No money involved just fun cribbage, canasta and euchre. We often play cards with family around the table with nibblies and a drink or 2. We play all the Playstation, xbox, wii and any other damn thing we can get into. 

My daughter just visited home from UK and brought us games - Play That Tune where you have to use a kazoo hahaha and Speak Out. There is always the mandatory game/s on Christmas Day - the house always receives one. We love trivia too.

In my younger days I was a popular girl with the guys because I could play cards etc. I won the best room in a share house once playing cutthroat euchre hahahah.  

I know lots of raiders like games. There is a thread somewhere in the bar with lots of convo. 

Oh by the way we have a darts board that gets played daily too Fab!

You certainly are the queen of games Donna.My favourite card game would probably be Canasta followed by Euchre.Christmas time is the same for us and I always have a good supply of Panadol for the day as we are a big, competitive,family which is known for giving the term noise new meaning.It would have to be a split decision if my 4 brother in-laws are the loudest or my wife and 4 sister In-laws.I think the girls take it by a whisker and regardless I end up with a massive headache and so do half the neighbourhood.lol.

15 hours ago, Fab1 said:

That's a sport isn't it?

Enjoy yourselves guys.

My lunch break at work consists of eating as quickly as possible to play as many games of ping pong as possible! Haha.

Cheers,

Wellzy

52 minutes ago, Wellzy94 said:

My lunch break at work consists of eating as quickly as possible to play as many games of ping pong as possible! Haha.

Cheers,

Wellzy

Don't blame you,it's a great game that really gets the reflexes going.

On 8/24/2017 at 6:16 PM, Fab1 said:

That's a sport isn't it?

Enjoy yourselves guys.

Cards and board games are definitely sports Fabian...especially when my wife's playing. She goes for the jugular and puts the boot in (BIG LOL ) Cheers, BN