Fab1

Had the young nephew here again with me and I decided it was time to do a little safety mod to my bottle jack to make it safer when lifting as I had it slip a little lifting a float the other day.

All it is is a pipe welded on to flat stock we bent up that slips over the existing saddle to give a larger surface area.

Make sure you have some sort of Jack that can safely lift the weight of your rig and is small enough to fit under the trailer when you have a flat tyre.

The safest places to lift are directly under the fishplate,axle placed as close as possible to the leaf spring/wheel or on the frame itself.

Remember to never let your body under the trailer which is only held in the air by a jack.Use the jack and place at least one stand on the side you've lifted.

Cheers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 27 August 2017 at 7:18 PM, Foghorn said:

I use a condom!

Yeah,that or using some large diameter c section I have here was my initial thought too.

It wouldn't fit everywhere I wanted it to with a flat tyre.

Im going to add rubber to the flat bar for added grip before I pack it in the boat.

10 minutes ago, Trailcraft43 said:

That would be perfect for under the bottom spring plate fab.

if the jacks not too high. 

It's perfect for the fish plate,axle and frame with pumped up tyres but only good for the axle and frame with flat tyres due to the reduced clearance.