Trip to the Entrance

big Neil

Greeting to Central Coast Raiders. Will be coming to the Entrance from 25th Sept to 30th Sept. Wouldn't want to waste the chance of doing a spot of fishing, so if anyone can take me for a trip or even suggest whether it's worth bringing my tinnie (a long drive)...I'd be grateful. Cheers, BN

20 hours ago, ARC H said:

Flathead have been quiet for a while but now its spring they should be coming back out around drop offs with small grub style sp's.

Also be bream and whiting in channels and whiting on flats

cheers

I'm looking forward to finally wetting a line after what's been the worst Murray Cod fishing since I started fishing for them. BN

2 hours ago, Wellzy94 said:

If you're interested in blackfishing, Neil, maybe @Stapo and @RUT could lend a hand. They helped me get my first blackfish at the Entrance!

Cheers,

Wellzy

I'm keen to try it, though I haven't really got any gear for Blackfish. Thanks for the info Wellzy. BN

1 hour ago, Regan said:

you might as well bring your tinnie mate

work the drop offs along these channels on small softplastics for flatties

the entrance.PNG

Many thanks for the map and red squiggly lines Regan. Are any boat ramps ok to use with a 2WD sedan? If so where is the best access to the areas shown...which I'm assuming is in Brisbane Waters? Are there any tackle shops nearby so I can get a few soft plastics and jig heads? Appreciate the help, thank you. BN

hi neil its actually the entrance itself in foto  Brisbane water is a completely different waterway not connected to tuggerah lakes system..i will see if I can square away a day or two and put you on a few scaley items from our local waters mate..hope to see you in a couple of weeks..rick

10 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

hi neil its actually the entrance itself in foto  Brisbane water is a completely different waterway not connected to tuggerah lakes system..i will see if I can square away a day or two and put you on a few scaley items from our local waters mate..hope to see you in a couple of weeks..rick

Thanks Rick I'd better get the Google map thingo working and have a proper look at the area. Will be nice if we can catch up. I have your phone number I think, but regardless there's a few weeks to go yet so I'll need some advice on what gear may be useful. Cheers mate, BN

23 hours ago, big Neil said:

Many thanks for the map and red squiggly lines Regan. Are any boat ramps ok to use with a 2WD sedan? If so where is the best access to the areas shown...which I'm assuming is in Brisbane Waters? Are there any tackle shops nearby so I can get a few soft plastics and jig heads? Appreciate the help, thank you. BN

others have basically answered it

hey neil a couple of 2/4kg spin sticks  maybe 6/10lb braid  and a couple of reels with maybe 6lb nylon...that covers sps and bait...also I might sneak us up a creek for some eps or bass..i have heaps of lures..small grub or paddle tails in natural colors are the go for flatties....hope that helps..rick

11 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

hey neil a couple of 2/4kg spin sticks  maybe 6/10lb braid  and a couple of reels with maybe 6lb nylon...that covers sps and bait...also I might sneak us up a creek for some eps or bass..i have heaps of lures..small grub or paddle tails in natural colors are the go for flatties....hope that helps..rick

Awesome Rick. ANOTHER species which I've never caught (Bass). Actually have a couple of 2/4 kg spinning outfits as well as 2/4kg baitcasters. Unsure what line is on them though. Will defo have to get some sps and jigheads as I gave them all away. Getting excited! BN

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

wind looks like its goin to drop for tues morning.....any other raiders interested in a day chasin flatties..hope your casting arms workin neil...rick

Sounds great Rick, I'll make sure the casting arm is well medicated LOL. So excited, like a kid in a lolly shop. Bring it on. BN