Squid fishing Sydney

Bdmccoy94

Not being rude mate,but perhaps your first post should start with an introduction of yourself and maybe a few polite comments to people's fishing reports etc before you ask for fishing spots off the bat.

Anyway,Welcome to this site that has a wealth of information and seeing you are from Camden you can try fishing places like port hacking,botany bay and even down windang.Im no expert by any means but areas of weed adjacent to rocky ground and sand has produced for me at times.

Look fwd to seeing more comments and encouragement from you on here in the future to your fellow raiders.

All the best.

• Like 2

No worries Fab1, as I said I'm new to this and I keep getting post from 2007 come up ! And I'm Brent, sorry I didn't catch your name mate ?

Anyway guys I'm from Camden area I'm 22 and have an interest in going squid fishing. Just finished my setup today I have a shimano 2500 reel with a shimano Catana egi rod. Running a 10lbs braided line. I went over to Yarra bay tonight and spent 3 hours but no luck. I'll keep trying around Sydney. Might look at going I've ever near bundeena or so. Not really sure of other spots to go to. Thanks ! :)

9 hours ago, Bdmccoy94 said:

No worries Fab1, as I said I'm new to this and I keep getting post from 2007 come up ! And I'm Brent, sorry I didn't catch your name mate ?

Anyway guys I'm from Camden area I'm 22 and have an interest in going squid fishing. Just finished my setup today I have a shimano 2500 reel with a shimano Catana egi rod. Running a 10lbs braided line. I went over to Yarra bay tonight and spent 3 hours but no luck. I'll keep trying around Sydney. Might look at going I've ever near bundeena or so. Not really sure of other spots to go to. Thanks ! :)

I've seen lots of people try squidding at Gymea baths and lilipilli baths but no hook ups. However, in the Port Hacking, theres a area from "Salmon Haul Reserve" to "Bass and Flinders Point", which alot of people go squidding on the rocks from. Everyone there last time I went, at least caught one. Also its very safe as the rocks are alot higher then the water level. Goodluck :)

• 2 years later...
On 9/5/2017 at 7:55 AM, trigunner54 said:

I've seen lots of people try squidding at Gymea baths and lilipilli baths but no hook ups. However, in the Port Hacking, theres a area from "Salmon Haul Reserve" to "Bass and Flinders Point", which alot of people go squidding on the rocks from. Everyone there last time I went, at least caught one. Also its very safe as the rocks are alot higher then the water level. Goodluck :)

I have never tried Salmon Haul and Bass Flinders Point, however, Youtube "Yamashita Sydney".

In one of the videos, Eging Master Eisuke went there 10 days ago to test their product's latest model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soQ6NQCj7L8

I was able to deduce the location of this place by comparing the surrounding scenery in the video with Google map. And I am planning to go there this Saturday.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hey bro can’t  resist you remind me of me try some of these spots gymea bay baths south Mosman wharf double bay wharf most wharfs in Sydney harbour with seaweed/sea grass  make sure you are jigging correctly switch up the retrieves till you find something that works bright colours in jiggs in murky water and natural colours in clear water every spot is different floats also work but aren’t as good

if you fish at one spot for 30 minutes plus and no squid move in my opinion I heard squid are very aggressive and probably would’ve taken a bite of jigg by then if they are around sometimes I get 1 at one spot then 3 at another 

good luck bud let us know how you go