Rockfishing safty

Hi TrailcraftII

I think you will find that the photo is of the Murk at Bondi.

That has been moved offshore since then I think.

You must admit that anybody that went to those  extremes for a feed of fish must have been hard up.

If you wen tin off there you were in the poo in more ways than one!!:lol:

Cheers.

Roger.

I

1 hour ago, Oldfella said:

Hi TrailcraftII

I think you will find that the photo is of the Murk at Bondi.

That has been moved offshore since then I think.

You must admit that anybody that went to those  extremes for a feed of fish must have been hard up.

If you wen tin off there you were in the poo in more ways than one!!:lol:

Cheers.

Roger.

I

Hahaha,

yeah you can nearly see the browntinge in the water can't you Coastie Regan n Oldfella ?

lucky its BnW

ROFLMAO!!

????

i dunny know about a longer casting rod Aardvarking? Lol

Dad why,s this fish taste like ####.

hahahaha

Edited by Trailcraft43

Bondi2_c3a35918207b0b889f8ad5cca4fd6f06_D16-1+Bondi+Fishing+copy.jpgmurk.jpg?w=227&h=300murk.jpgHi,

that picture above is where i fell in and nearly drowned in the late 70s when I was a young teenager.

Very rare you survive a fall in the Murk.

The rope pulley system was still functional in the 70s - 80s although very rarely used.

Never been back since my close call with death.

I stopped fishing off the rocks for awhile and learned to swim and joined a local Surf Life Saving club where I became a good swimmer and did rescue people from the beach and rocks at my local beach for a period over about 10 years.I did a lot of fishing off the rocks during this period as well as surfing,this has given me great respect for the water and how unpredictable it can be,its very easy to drown,you swallow to or 3 mouthfuls of salt water and your in trouble with vomiting,trying to stay afloat while vomiting is very hard unless you know what your doing.

I am now 54 and obviously Im not as fit as I use to be,I still take chances but I dont push my limits and I am now aware of the dangerous where as before I was not,being aware of the dangers is a vital part of the problem,if you are not aware of what could happen when your fishing that spot on that day,it will be too late too plan some sort of action when your in the drink fighting for you life.

Always plan an escape route,always watch the rocks before you fish for about 15 min and be prepared for the worst not only for yourself but other fellow fisherman fishing next to you.

Never turn your back on the sea unless its dead flat.

Stay away from the old sewerage outlets !

Too slippery, too dangerous,Too high if you go in,Too many things to suck you under, caves etc,

everything you can imagine to be bad will be,very high risk.

Judging by that picture above, fishing those islands on that day would have been suicidal.

Thanks

Thanks

Inkedmurk_LI.jpg

Edited by DMG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...