Barracuda eating quality

blaxland

11 hours ago, Great_White said:

barracouta    

Scientific name: Thyrsites atun

Blechk !!! YUCK ..... and all the other choice words for  YUK

CAT Food, if they are not finicky, might eat it ....

Definitely not for HUMAN Consumption  ....  DO NOT EAT !!!!

Good Snapper Bait !!!!

Great_White

I threw a chopped up fillet out for burly and caught a good flathead with a large chunk of it in its mouth I suspect they are a very good all round bait Plenty around at the moment as well.

"Cooking: Barracouta are a tasty eating fish with firm pinkish-white flesh when cooked. Smaller fish have numerous small bones. Larger fish may have a microscopic parasite that causes the flesh to go milky or worms in the gut or flesh. Both are killed by cooking, but barracouta should not be eaten raw. They have medium oil content and are suitable to bake, barbecue, deep fry, grill and shallow fry. Often used to make fish patties."

according to the link @JohnDory posted

I dont know too many people that eat them 

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2017 at 11:42 AM, sam bros said:

"Cooking: Barracouta are a tasty eating fish with firm pinkish-white flesh when cooked. Smaller fish have numerous small bones. Larger fish may have a microscopic parasite that causes the flesh to go milky or worms in the gut or flesh. Both are killed by cooking, but barracouta should not be eaten raw. They have medium oil content and are suitable to bake, barbecue, deep fry, grill and shallow fry. Often used to make fish patties."

according to the link @JohnDory posted

I dont know too many people that eat them 

That’s barracouta not barracouda!!! 

• Confused 1