bojulabah

Sydney Kings

The weather lately has not been good - strong winds and big seas, never the less I went out solo (life jacket on when solo) and had a cracker day. Collected live bait fairly quickly- 10 XOS Yakas and 2 even bigger slimiest, 5 Kings - biggest 73cm, smoked by 2 others, 2 snapper, several seargant bakers (OK for snapper bait, but too many bones for anything other than fish soup - I don't like fish soup) and a swag of 30-35 cm Trevally.

There are heaps of good sized salmon schools around the heads, but only getting them on flies - chucking metals and plastics only resulted in foul hookups and getting smoked. Flies are 2" surf candies.

IMG_3677.JPG

7 hours ago, bojulabah said:

The weather lately has not been good - strong winds and big seas, never the less I went out solo (life jacket on when solo) and had a cracker day. Collected live bait fairly quickly- 10 XOS Yakas and 2 even bigger slimiest, 5 Kings - biggest 73cm, smoked by 2 others, 2 snapper, several seargant bakers (OK for snapper bait, but too many bones for anything other than fish soup - I don't like fish soup) and a swag of 30-35 cm Trevally.

There are heaps of good sized salmon schools around the heads, but only getting them on flies - chucking metals and plastics only resulted in foul hookups and getting smoked. Flies are 2" surf candies.

IMG_3677.JPG

Great report sounds like you have a good range of tackle. Can you tell me where to get surf candies and if you use a float or a fly rod?

Edited by blaxland