Hawkesbury river 15 till the 17/9

ian_naughty

Headed out of Akuna bay on Friday afternoon down to smiths creek to have a fish and watch the football only caught one nice size whiting.

Got out of bed about 9 the wind was picking up so headed back to Akuna bay pick up the daughter and brother in-law by that time it was 3 pm

headed out towards Gunyah point to fish the end of the run in tide and wait for the run out tide but the wind was blowing us around all over the place.  

we did manage to catch a small Barracuda we are calling it 

302_1505692561948[1].jpeg

after that the wind got to much so we headed for the shelter of

Jerusalem bay for nothing only very small snapper. Head to Fishermans beach for the night tried for squid for about an hour only managed to get one while we were

fishing we kept hooking blue swimmer crabs one male and two female went back full of eggs.

After a beer or two the wife said that is it get the crab traps out me and the daughter will go and put them out so off they went out goes four traps and a lot of laughing watching

the wife handling the tender rowing the traps out left the traps out all night with mullet in them.

Sunday got up 7:30 sent the wife and daughter back out to get the traps  managed to get six more crabs to female went back

299_1505692079020[1].jpeg300_1505692088431[1].jpeg

After getting the crab back in and in the pot ready for lunch we headed to middle bank dropped the anchor sent out the lines with pilchards and prawns on them and one with the squid we caught

after a few hours of not much the squid line goes off and the fight with this big weight begins swimming from side to side no fight just a lot of weight after about 20 min up comes the biggest port Jackson shark I have ever seen. if you look close at its top fins looks like someone has chopped off the spikes that are on them

294_1505686488879[1].jpeg297_1505686507277[4].jpeg

I think I might have to claim the spot for the biggest port Jackson shark caught on bait  119 cm on the brag mat

All in all a top weekend out on the boat