Installing an Anchor Drum Winch in my Haines Hunter 635L

zmk1962

Hey Raiders,

Lately I have been quieter than usual on the forum as I have been very busy finishing off my anchor drum winch installation project to get my boat ready for summer.

In general I found there was a lot of information out there on how to install an anchor winch but I found it was more geared toward alloy craft.  So I collected photos as I made my way through the project and have now assembled it into a short video - a basic summary of how I installed an anchor drum winch in my fiberglass hull boat. 

A very big thanks to Marty for all the tips/pointers and contacts for the fiberglass work. Fiberglassing was a totally new experience for me.

Hope this helps someone else contemplating how to go about it.

Cheers.

Zoran

Thanks Marty and Peterbylsma....  can't wait for the winds to die down to get the tub out !  Looking forward to using it.  Really hope this gives me the edge to give the flatties and reds a really tough time .... he he he.

Cheers

Zoran

Fantastic "How-to-Video" zmk1962

Very well thought out, planned out and fitted ..!!

Nice Small Modifications as well .... 

Neat, very neat ... 

Now as you said , find a "Deap Drop", and let the anchor rope out, and wind it all back on ...

Just remember to motor up to the anchor as you wind it in.. less stress on the motor ...

Well Done

Great_White

So we went out yesterday for that sea trial .... man-o-man... all I can say is "why didn't I get a winch sooner". Anchored several times at varying depths in the Hawkesbury 7m - 15m  and several times out past Barrenjoey around 30m ... it's just effortless. If you're not happy how the boat came up against the mark just lift and shift at the press of a button.

Now I just have to turn the investment into fish as yesterday there were no fish to speak off. No keepers. Just juvenile flatties and pinkies and one lonely eel under the Brooklyn rail bridge. But for once I didn't mind. Guess I was just happy (distracted?) playing with my winch.

Cheers

Zoran