$500 Rod?

Niffa

Hey guys, still looking for a rod. My budget has expanded to $500, it is still gonna be for bass and is gonna be matched to the new TD Sol 3 2000. I want the rod to be lightweight with a decent line rating, preferably 2pc too. I was looking at the new Samurai Reactions in the 7' 4-10lb 2pc.

9 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

there is no way I would take a $500 rod into some of the tiger country I fish for bass or cod  good luck..rick

I don't need to spend this, the Sol won't come till November, things get discounted all the time. Some of the TD commanders are just under 400 now

I know your not having a go lol, just wanted to clarify was just messing around.

What you say is true!

Hots gipang 72h with saltiga exp6500 didnt come cheap amongst others and snapping a megabass destroyer in half hurt alot and so did the US custom z-axis flyrod come to think of it, oh and also the sage method too which was snapped pulling damn splitshot out from a snag lol (shouldnt of been using shot with a flyrod anyway, what was i thinking lol)

Certainly a pleasant experience using nice gear and i say go for it if your willing just dont wreck it haha!

serious note i havent bought any light spin sticks for a while so cant really suggest whats good. (Still using my 6-10lb luvias rod which i just love for placcies chasing lizards and stuff, so crisp!)

3 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

don't get me wrong I have some nice light spin sticks I use in open water in my boat..but in my yak or walkin gorges shit happens..i use solid tip rods..ugly stiks and silstars..not much fun being 8 mile down a gorge and snap a rod..rick

Ain't that the truth lol!

Hey Niffa, what sort of lures do you plan on using?

Also my mate almost bought a samurai rod that was rated as extra fast from memory, when he had it in his hand he wasn't impressed, said it was not fast at all.

Something to consider if you can't get one in hand before purchasing.

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

don't get me wrong I have some nice light spin sticks I use in open water in my boat..but in my yak or walkin gorges shit happens..i use solid tip rods..ugly stiks and silstars..not much fun being 8 mile down a gorge and snap a rod..rick

Don't forget there are manufacturers who replace broken rod parts for for a fraction of the rod cost. Get a nice rod but don't have to lose your money or buy the whole thing again if something goes wrong is a great system.

If you have time: there's not just sales, there's some great buys to be had 2nd hand.

Of course, 8 miles down a gorge, be sure you're carrying a spare tip guide or two to stick on the end of what's left of your rod... something I learned the hard way It wasn't an 8 mile walk but was 3 1/2 hours drive from home, mid way through the first day of a long weekend.

Edited by HenryR

I'll be using anything from a 1/24th oz weighted plastic all the way up to a 9gm bassday bustle

I am looking at the TD Commander Armouraider, it is perfectly specked and light. Just wondering whrere is the joint for a 1.5pce?

Edited by Niffa

19 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

in front of front grip...rick  ps  I take spare rods in car and even have a telescopic in backpack....im not that silly...rick

I feel uneasy leaving my rods in the car. Especially when im fishing. When we have these low lives prowling car parks or boat ramps

thats just crazy lol

22 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

in front of front grip...rick  ps  I take spare rods in car and even have a telescopic in backpack....im not that silly...rick

Rickmarlin preparing for a quick fish at the local pond lol.

Good to see ya had a shave too lol.

IMG_3644.PNG

must have me confused with someone else..lol...I have lockable tubes that cant be accessed under my ute  two piece rods are easy to hide also..i bought a good quality telescopic..yeah I know no such thing...a few years back and it lives in my backpack..ive never hads to use it but my mates have after falls that broke rods...not much fun watchin your mate catch all the fish 8 or ten mile from spares in car.......I might be hairy and ugly but im smart...rick

I am thinking of going a lox, was looking at the the Ambassador 610L, would this be ok for like sammys? I can use the heavier stuff on my alphas and T3 air. Also what is the opinion on the megabass racing conditions world rods