2011 evinrude 115hp etec - 11 hours

billthedrill

Hi all

Looking at buying a boat off a retiree. Boat has run 11 hours in 6 years. Let's not get into the negativities of not running he motor too often.

Basically motor idles and runs just fine. Boat presents as new. Only other info I have is a disgnostic report. I was wondering if anyone can assist with providing some more information on the faults found in the report. 

Cheers.

IMG_3389.PNGIMG_3390.PNGIMG_3391.PNG

Ok

1. The engine has been running a bit hot, not critical but it is running slightly hot. With a pump propeller change that should fix that. My max temp was Stbd side at 90.4 yours 101.3

2. Your EMM is also water cooled and has been running slightly hotter than normal, mine spent 60% of the time in the 30 to 39 bracket and 40% just below the 50 marker. So similar to yours. My EMM max temp was 56.7 your was 92

3. Your Cyl 1 - 4 cycles and delay as very similar to mine, I just have more cycles as i have more hours.

4. My engine speed rpm profiles are very similar although I have 48hrs so I have more in the 40 range but 8 is also my highest bar. You must hit above 5000rpm each use as that is when the exhaust valve opens other wise it will seize. Once it seizes it will be great u till 4000rpm or something and then it will be a pig. Early motors had a recall to have a grease nipple fitted and this needs periodic greasing.

5. The occurred faults are faults which have been logged by the computer, in your case they only happened once and haven't reoccurred, I'm pretty sure it means the overheat occured at the 7hr mark and the coils had a issue at 9hrs but without putting more hours on it you won't know if it was just a spike in the system or something more, although if it was a constant fault it would come up more often.

6. Mine has a consistent 125psi in each cylinder 

hope that helps, I think since the motor has now been serviced it should be fine and don't be freaked out by the report, all modern motors have then and you can get analysis paralysis.

i also think if you run the motor more in the high rev range it will also run cooler

give it a good test drive and make sure it hits the high RPMs e.g. Atleast up to 5,900 rpm.

Edited by jeffb5.8