Back On The Fish

Reel' em in

Hi Guys 

Started out a bit late this morning as my fishing partner was running an hour late, but never the less still managed to get out on the water by 7:30am, we decided to head straight outside Port Hacking for a bottom bash before the winds pick up, we started fishing the 30m mark with swell pushing us south towards Jibbon, the fish were bitting but most were under size we did manage a few 40+ models before we decided to move on to try find some bigger fish, we started moving south and came across  5 or 6 boats fishing the same area, so we gave it a go and on the first drop was on to a nice fish, we drifted the area for about an hour we hooked 9 fish in total before the wind & swell started picking up so we pack up and went back inside for a squid, we could only get 2 but better the none, i set up my downrigger with a live squid and before i could ever set the depth on the downrigger my rod buckled over but no hook up reeled it back in to half the squid gone and the hook just dangling their oh well better luck next time with that one, all in all we had a great day on the water and can't wait for my next trip out.

IMG_0005.JPG

I was out there too amongst those boats south of Port Hacking. Also managed 9 good sided flathead in 1-2 hours. Tried for squid around jibbon bommie  - got one but lost a few jigs to barracouta snipping the line :angry:. Decided to call it quits before I lost too much gear. Good day out there though.