Parking Boats On The Street

Reel' em in

Hi Guys

Went fishing yesterday morning and as I Was hooking up the boat I notice my tyre was marked on my trailer, I have lived in the Sutherland shire for 2 years now and this is the first time this has happened, can the council stop me from parking my boat on the street ?

Thanks

http://www.sutherlandshire.nsw.gov.au/Residents/Parking/Boat-Trailers

As of 1 July 2017 Council will be enforcing Section 15A of the Impounding Act 1993.  This section affects the parking of boat trailers on the road for more than 28 days

Council has the authority to impound boat trailers (and the boats they carry) if they have been parked on residential streets or other areas for more than 28 days.

What does this mean for boat owners and local residents?

If you cannot park your boat trailer in the immediate vicinity of your property or on private property you will need to move your boat trailer every 28 days at least as far as a different block section of the same street. If this does not happen, the boat trailer (and any boat it carries) may be impounded.

That is such a stupid rule. move it down the road for a day and you dont get a fine

surely they wouldn't fine people

I think the rule is meant for people that park the boats near the boat ramp all year round so they dont have to drive it to and from the ramp to their house.

3 hours ago, raging said:

http://www.sutherlandshire.nsw.gov.au/Residents/Parking/Boat-Trailers

As of 1 July 2017 Council will be enforcing Section 15A of the Impounding Act 1993.  This section affects the parking of boat trailers on the road for more than 28 days

Council has the authority to impound boat trailers (and the boats they carry) if they have been parked on residential streets or other areas for more than 28 days.

What does this mean for boat owners and local residents?

If you cannot park your boat trailer in the immediate vicinity of your property or on private property you will need to move your boat trailer every 28 days at least as far as a different block section of the same street. If this does not happen, the boat trailer (and any boat it carries) may be impounded.

thanks for the info raging

Better still. Park in front of your peskie neighbours house.

I have had a neighbour start parking his mini-bus in front of my house.

I asked him to stop - he continued.

The next reply was to tell him that if he wants to park his mini-bus in front of my house. My boat (that is parked off street - next to my garage) and my future caravan will then be parked outside his house.

Problem solved.

Edited by sydney south

"Council will be reactive and will only monitor boat trailers in residential or other built up areas if they have been reported to Council in contravention of the new law."

It appears that this will only be an issue if someone dobs you in. 

Parking infront of your own house is all good. 

28 days! Do I only need to move it for 24 hours before I put it back!

Hopefully the council are sensible about this.

Hi guys 

just an update on this parking situation i'm in, i found out that it was my neighbour in my unit block who has a double garage and doesn't use street parking has doped me in to council for no reason, the council has advised me of a way around this problem, they have said if I get a written approval from my next door neighbour who house I actually park in front of which has no problem with me being there, that they would leave it as that and i could park my boat there for as long as I like.

36 minutes ago, Reel' em in said:

Hi guys 

just an update on this parking situation i'm in, i found out that it was my neighbour in my unit block who has a double garage and doesn't use street parking has doped me in to council for no reason, the council has advised me of a way around this problem, they have said if I get a written approval from my next door neighbour who house I actually park in front of which has no problem with me being there, that they would leave it as that and i could park my boat there for as long as I like.

Well,I would get that written permission pronto and send that other neighbour my regards when I saw them.

46 minutes ago, Reel' em in said:

Hi guys 

Nice, sounds like a carton of beer for your neighbor 

Nice result,

Either way just keep an eye on your tyres every couple weeks and remove any markings.

Who is to say that in the last 28 days that trailer has not been moved and parked in the same spot.

I hate Sh#& head neighbors with nothing better to do than complain about frivolous things.

Hi all, just be careful, council Rangers and the like also take photo's of your tyres and the position of the valve, and I think they have some software to detect alignment to see if the trailer has been moved by lining up the valve,,,, just jack up the trailer and turn the wheels so the valve is in another position,,,just saying....

regards