Anyone suffer from hydrohidrosis?

Fab1

10 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Have seen a few with excessive sweating over the years Fab

There are some successful treatments and clinics around. Botox is the latest.

Thanks Donna,I developed it at around 12-13years of age and am currently using my home made iontophoresis machine to run 24v through my hands/feet.I heard Botox was a different option and will look into it.

I'm pretty good during the colder months, but come the hot weather I'm like a wet sponge without treating myself.I wouldn't wish this on anyone and to make it worse it usually starts at that time of your life when meeting boys/girls etc.

Fab,

I know the feeling and its the worst when you have to meet someone, and shake hands.

I haven't tried the botox treatment but I do hear it needs to be a ongoing treatment.

mine was really bad yesterday from the heat and I'm dreading the warmer weather coming up.

I use a roll on and I find it works, but like all treatments it has it's negatives , it give me really bad dry skin and then the skin cracks on my hands and feet.

interested to know about the home made machine?

Ok,You need a few things.You need a form of voltage for power that can range from using 6v batteries,a power supply,A old adapter etc.

I started using 6v batteries wired up in series you see in the photo with a voltage of 24v(4x6v=24v),then I decided to use an old adapter for ease of carrying/simplicity which puts out 13.5v which is plenty.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS IT USES LOW AMPS,UNDER 1 AMP

WHAT HURTS OR KILLS PEOPLE IS THE HIGH AMPS NOT THE VOLTS.

My adapter is 450Ma which is just under half an amp.

How it works is you first fill the trays with warm tap water and add a little salt for extra conductivity.You then connect the positive lead of one alligator clip to one tray and the negative to the other.

If using the adaptor switch it on at the wall,if using batteries the trays will be live.

Now place your hands in the trays palm down and you will feel electricity flow through your body for 10-15min.

After the time is up change the leads around.Put the positive where the negative was and  vice versa and treat your hands again for 10-15 min.

Depending on how tough your hand are depends what they feel like during treatments.Any small Knicks and fingernails can really sting depending on the voltage used.When I use to use 24v my nails would hurt and the fix was putting vaso on them before treatment as this prevents them stinging.

You need to treat your hands once a day for a week and usually they will sweat more the first few days then sweat less and less until they are totally dry or barely sweat at all even during hot weather depending on the person.

Alot of people are helped with this treatment and their is a small proportion of the population that it doesn't work on.

Here is a few photos of what I have and do use.IMG_20170925_110308.jpg

1 hour ago, Mojo4fishin said:

Hi Fab,

few questions

how effective is this for you? you mentioned to do it once a week.

I'm just a bit concerned doing it my myself, just don't want to zap my self... hehe

Hi mate,sorry for being unclear as I was in a hurry for work.

I do it everyday for 20min all up everyday until my hands stop sweating completely(Every ones different apparently) usually about a week.

Then I do a maintenance of only once a week for 20min all up.

If you stop doing it it will come back,you need to do the maintenance after the initial sweating has gone or reduced depending on the person.

It is 100% effective on me after about a week but I get Lazy or busy and stop and it comes back.

In short I'd you want to remain dry and it not return I'm afraid it's a lifestyle change that you need to keep doing for the rest of your life.

I was worried about getting zapper too.

Just use two 6v batteries joined in series or buy a 12v motorcycle battery at first as this will get you on your way.

Im at work at the moment and if you need any help let me know as it is a life changer for me.