Bennythomo

Hey raiders , first time poster. 

I'm looking at getting a new boat but cant choose between monohull vs twin hull. The boats i' m currently looking at are the stessl bluewater runabout 5.2 and the webster twinfisher 4.9. I plan to use these mostly for snapper and kings, with maybe 3-4 trips a year to the continental shelf off sydney to fish for marlin (weather permitting). I like the stessl bluewater because it looks simple and sturdy . I've only just heard of the twinfisher recently and they sound like a great fishing rig at an affordable price. If anyone has any experience in either of these boats id love to get some feedback. Cheers ! 

I know many people rave about the webster twinfisher but my advice is don't buy one without taking one out for a sea trial. Im sure you will have seen one for sale down here on the south coast, its owned by someone i know that has been trying to,sell it for a few years now. 

the websters have a good reputation....but....they are one of only a few cats that run single motors..normally you have the water flowing past the leg and cav plate coming off the bottom of the hull..the Webster has the leg running in open water between the hulls...theonly drama ive encountered with cats is it can actually get too rough for them to get on the plane ans travel using the pressure between the hulls to give them their ride characteristics..my mate has stessl striker and its not too bad to ride in..saying that he prefers to fish in my vsea..his striker is 5.5 and very beamy...hard call to decide which way is better to go..same as debating glass or ally good luck..rick