MainframeJames

Shore fishing NSW Central Coast

Your name: James

Your Location: Central Coast

Fishing technique: Shore fishing - any style, any target species. Choose your favourite and I'll watch and learn. 

Availability: Weekends only

Preferred location: Central Coast

Provide your own gear? Yes

Provide your own boat? No

Looking for some help getting started on the right foot. Just getting back into fishing after moving to Oz from the US about 5 years ago. Used to fresh water fish inland lakes, but so far tragically hopeless in salt water.

Maybe starting with some basics like burley, catching bait, how to decide what tackle to use, maybe some technique. I'm sure there's a hundred pointers you could come up with before I even finish getting out of the car. 

Edited by MainframeJames
More detail

mate there is a fair few people that fish the central coast, I try and get up there when ever I can. what part of the central coast do you fish??

I live near Gosford so I've been out to the Entrance a few times, Wamberal and Umina a few times. Anything less than an hour from Gosford is fair game. 

Hey Mainframe, i live at the northern end of the coast and i have been going down the swansea channel plenty of spots along the channel and there are a heap of spots land based as well and it doesnt get as crowded

Join the Gosford fishing club they have a rock and beach event with a bbq on Sunday 

3 hours ago, Occy6 said:

Hey Mainframe, i live at the northern end of the coast and i have been going down the swansea channel plenty of spots along the channel and there are a heap of spots land based as well and it doesnt get as crowded

Had rough luck at Swansea. Tiny bream only and lots of trouble with snags. Any tips?

2 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Join the Gosford fishing club they have a rock and beach event with a bbq on Sunday 

This coming Sunday or every Sunday...?

Gosford RSL raffle tonight at the RSL at 7pm. 

Fishing Comp this weekend with the weigh in at Lions Park Woy Woy on Sunday

PM if you want more details. Potentially, I might take my boat out Sunday, depends how I go Saturday night

On 25/01/2018 at 4:22 PM, MainframeJames said:

Had rough luck at Swansea. Tiny bream only and lots of trouble with snags. Any tips?

Where abouts did you try? There are plenty of spots.

On 02/02/2018 at 5:39 PM, Occy6 said:

Where abouts did you try? There are plenty of spots.

South side of the channel along the path inland of the bridge, also South side out along the breakwall near the inlet.