Shore fishing NSW Central Coast

MainframeJames

Your name: James

Your Location: Central Coast

Fishing technique: Shore fishing - any style, any target species. Choose your favourite and I'll watch and learn. 

Availability: Weekends only

Preferred location: Central Coast

Provide your own gear? Yes

Provide your own boat? No

Looking for some help getting started on the right foot. Just getting back into fishing after moving to Oz from the US about 5 years ago. Used to fresh water fish inland lakes, but so far tragically hopeless in salt water.

Maybe starting with some basics like burley, catching bait, how to decide what tackle to use, maybe some technique. I'm sure there's a hundred pointers you could come up with before I even finish getting out of the car. 

Edited by MainframeJames
More detail

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Mainframe, i live at the northern end of the coast and i have been going down the swansea channel plenty of spots along the channel and there are a heap of spots land based as well and it doesnt get as crowded

3 hours ago, Occy6 said:

Hey Mainframe, i live at the northern end of the coast and i have been going down the swansea channel plenty of spots along the channel and there are a heap of spots land based as well and it doesnt get as crowded

Had rough luck at Swansea. Tiny bream only and lots of trouble with snags. Any tips?

• 3 weeks later...