Port Stephens Snaps Time!!!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Well after a few fruitless sessions up QLD, it was good to restore the faith today with a few nice ones for the table. 

It was good session with the boy and we seemed to have Broughton to ourselves. Scratchie Jnr got stretched and so did I. Left home at 530 and home by 9 before the southerly kicked in. Gotta love fishing at home! 

Cheers scratchie!!! IMG_0956.PNGIMG_0945.JPG

Yikes Scratchie they are some beaut reddies!

Nothing like being back on home turf, you fish more confidently and obviously the fish are cooperating too with some lovely springtime snapper.

That boy of yours is a lucky lad to have you taking him out and teaching him the spots and techniques, I hope he realises!! 

1 hour ago, LuckyFil said:

Yikes Scratchie they are some beaut reddies!

Nothing like being back on home turf, you fish more confidently and obviously the fish are cooperating too with some lovely springtime snapper.

That boy of yours is a lucky lad to have you taking him out and teaching him the spots and techniques, I hope he realises!! 

Thanks Phil. 

Yes mate, the boys just loves fishing and the journey. He's a really good kid and I enjoy spending time with all my kids! Besides, watching him get railed today made my day :) 

12 minutes ago, blaxland said:

Nice Job do you think a 4.3mtr runabout would get out there on a good day?

My boat is only 4.7m but in staying that I know the area pretty well. Boating is about confidence and experience. I have gone to Broughton in a boat that size but yes, you have to pick your days! 

1 minute ago, rickmarlin62 said:

good to see scratchie  im headin up in two weeks  looks like some more warm water pushin down already..wot temp did you have today ???..rick

Mate, Lol I had no temp, no depth sounder, no gps! It crapped itself but I still found them! The toe test wasn't too bad! :)