Bonnies and Tailor - Barrenjoey

Brew

Hey Guys,

Just a quick heads up to those who fish Pittwater/Hawkesbury. 

The bonnies and tailor are around in decent numbers between Barrenjoey and West Head. 

Had heaps of fun today however the swell is nasty so be careful. 

Look for the birds. Good luck.

IMG_1896.JPG

57 minutes ago, Stanton44 said:

You trolling lures by any chance for these?

Yes, had an xrap out in pink that got bitten off straight away. Just used the one rod after that due to being solo and the swell. Halco Laser pro white head did all the damage. 

Caught about 15 Bonnies and 5 tailor. 

1 hour ago, Stanton44 said:

How good are the halcos. They would be my Lure of choice for Bonnies. 

Thats a solid catch! I'd love to be out reeling them in rather than work

Halcos are the best. I've caught everything from GTs to Coral Trout to Cobias to Black Jewfish up north on them. Never fail. Lost too many to those bloody baracudas in recent months. My recent report on the Mako was a Halco too. 

And no, I'm not a shareholder - wish I was!!

18 minutes ago, Brew said:

Halcos are the best. I've caught everything from GTs to Coral Trout to Cobias to Black Jewfish up north on them. Never fail. Lost too many to those bloody baracudas in recent months. My recent report on the Mako was a Halco too. 

And no, I'm not a shareholder - wish I was!!

Haha awesome I'll look it up! Na that's it tho.. when something works why change!

18 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

I wonder if they're at Tuggerah reef / the entrance bommies yet?

Should be mate, we were finding big Schools of bait and birds in close to Winney, we went out to the 50 meter mark and there was scattered bait balls everywhere 

Guest Guest123456789
1 hour ago, tyrone07 said:

Should be mate, we were finding big Schools of bait and birds in close to Winney, we went out to the 50 meter mark and there was scattered bait balls everywhere 

Oh good I might have a flick at Winney and Tuggerah reef. Best Bonito spots on the coast!

2 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Oh good I might have a flick at Winney and Tuggerah reef. Best Bonito spots on the coast!

Kings were absent at all spots we found them a few weeks ago so not sure where they have gone, Tuggerah Reef that in close?

Guest Guest123456789

Kings were absent at all spots we found them a few weeks ago so not sure where they have gone, Tuggerah Reef that in close?

3 miles offshore it’s listed on navionics as Tuggerah reef. Go out this Sunday morning and look for the big group of boats

151.32.19 E

33.21.38 S

9 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

3 miles offshore it’s listed on navionics as Tuggerah reef. Go out this Sunday morning and look for the big group of boats

151.32.19 E

33.21.38 S

Haha anywhere you go on the wkend there's a big group of boats, even bigger groups at the ramps that have no idea what they are doing 

Guest Guest123456789

Haha anywhere you go on the wkend there's a big group of boats, even bigger groups at the ramps that have no idea what they are doing 

Absolutely- even a few that don’t know how to get a boat on a boat catch without slamming the prop on the concrete

On 18/10/2017 at 9:27 AM, zmk1962 said:

Nice....!!  I'm scheduled to be there Saturday.... hope they hang around ! ... Cheers Zoran

Hey Zoran,

Did you get out there? Are they still around?

Anyone else do Barrenjoey on the weekend?

I'm taking two guys out tomorrow who don't fish much so would love to know if anyone got any this weekend?