Soft plastic glue

Psycho fisho

2 hours ago, Psycho fisho said:

Hi guys

Does anyone else use super glue on there jig heads to stop the plastic falling off if so what type of glue do you use? All the glues l use eat into the plastic.

thanks

Yep I use it, especially for larger plastics used for flathead. Some just don’t stay put unless you use glue. 

I just use a drop of normal super glue and no problems eating the plastic. 

31 minutes ago, Captain Spanner said:

I think the TT headlocks jig heads hold the plastics on the best

So do I and that’s what I use. Small plastic’s like those used for bream are no problem but when you use bigger sizes you get more water drag, plus if you have removed the plastic a few times to change weight or whatever it wears out where it grips onto the jighead. No matter what you do the plastic slides down, away from the weight. Only solution I’ve found is super glue. Just a drop and it doesn’t move. You can still take the plastic off and reuse it as well. 

Edited by Hateanchors

5 hours ago, Gutamouth said:

Ive also never used glue, have you tried using a jighead that has the keeper barb protruding backward inline with the hook? like this

IMG_3419.PNG 

They're designed that way to overcome the problem you're having 

Yeah they look good where can you buy them

8 hours ago, flattiefisher27 said:

They should stay on pretty well without having to use glue, it also takes away the versatility of being able to change plastics if the fish aren’t playing ball on a certain colour or type. 

What issues are you having with plastics atm and which jig heads are you using? 

Cheers

Jacob

Zman gubz on tt head hunter jig heads

1 hour ago, Psycho fisho said:

Yeah they look good where can you buy them

Squidgies make pretty much identical ones. If you can't find any with the keeper barb this type works well too -

IMG_3420.JPG

most tackle shops should have something like the ones pictured 

• 1 year later...

Hi All.

Just wondering if there are any other suggestions on glues for Soft Plastic ( other than  Super Glue type products and others mentioned above)?

I would prefer something that dries slower than Super Glues. The glue to be used mostly on Zmans.

Thank you.

I've used Tarzans Grip successfully before but prefer the super glue put out by Loctite. Loctite seems to last longer in the bottle before going off, compared to other brands I've tried.

I use Headlockz on larger plastics but avoid them like the plague on my lighter Zman bream plastics. Zmans float and with a jighead like the Squidgy ball heads, the lure sits on the bottom waving its bum up in the current on a long pause, just begging for a fish to eat it. With Headlockz and their keeper further back along the hook shank they just lay flat on the bottom. I have used Headlockz at a pinch, but cut a fair chunk of the keeper off the shank.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, Gutamouth said:

Squidgies make pretty much identical ones. If you can't find any with the keeper barb this type works well too -

IMG_3420.JPG

most tackle shops should have something like the ones pictured 

The Squidgies (with the metal barb) are no longer being made. There are a few still in the stores in the larger sizes. I have built up a stockpile that should last a few years. They are better at keeping the lure in place than other designs.  

2 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

I've used Tarzans Grip successfully before but prefer the super glue put out by Loctite. Loctite seems to last longer in the bottle before going off, compared to other brands I've tried.

I use Headlockz on larger plastics but avoid them like the plague on my lighter Zman bream plastics. Zmans float and with a jighead like the Squidgy ball heads, the lure sits on the bottom waving its bum up in the current on a long pause, just begging for a fish to eat it. With Headlockz and their keeper further back along the hook shank they just lay flat on the bottom. I have used Headlockz at a pinch, but cut a fair chunk of the keeper off the shank.

Very interesting / good obeservation!

I'll have to keep a lookout for the squidgy ball jigheads i haven't seen any for a long time.