Nambucca and Macleay

dirvin21

plenty o fish caught ths week ishing both the nambucca and macleay rivers the bream have really started to turn it on actively charging down lures unfortunetly they just need to grow 

20171022_114138.jpg

as you can see the average size has been far rom big

20171023_094413.jpg

the small flatties have also jumped in on the action to mix it up

20171022_114303.jpg

today i decided to try and finish the week on a high focused on a few areas that produce bigger bream one being a pathway / wall no bream but a nice black spot saw him come out and engulf the lure and back in his hole he took some convincing to come out and return my lure

20171009_121048.jpg

at 30cm size was improving

then after 3 hours of nothing made a last minute decision to pull in at one of my trees and of course first cast hit and miss which I'm positive was a quality bream

put a cast right up against the log and almost in slow mo about 10 GT's fly in and then my drag is screaming in some of the nastiest timber filled water i fish it was uite a battle had to let him run just enough to tire out but not let him get enough momentum to hit the timber and after an eternity he came up he measured up 39 cm a new pb and what a fight on bream gear

20171023_122746.jpg

I marked out the point where he hit

20171023_123541.jpg

so a satisfying finish to the week

cheers for reading 

Dave

1 minute ago, PRED-ATOR said:

AWESOME REPORT! 

Mate im on the gold coast so not too far from you, we should tee up a session soon if your keen.

Cheers 

Sounds good always keen for a fishing buddy I'm free pretty much every second weekend