Shed clean out

Fab1

image.jpgimage.jpgI often ask myself how a family of three gathers so much Sxxt(stuff).That's just the tip of the iceberg and like I said let me know if you have bored kids and I'll guarantee they'll never be bored again.

Im going to the doctors soon too because I've decided I have issues.

Cheers.

Guest Guest123456789

Nice shed Fab. I’m planning on building a new one, I’m thinking of doing an ‘on grade shed’ -steel piers instead of concrete slab. I’d like to use a steel frame like yours but seems cost prohibitive.

does it get cold/hot in there? Can’t see any insulation at all.

2 hours ago, Welster said:

That stuff just keeps accumulating I’d hate to have to move.  But if you do hear of a massive shed near the water with a bedroom and toilet within it going cheap I’m all ears.

I won't be moving anywhere mate,I can tell you that now.That shed near the water sounds good though.

43 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

mate you have heaps of room left on the floor...rick

The floor is what I'm trying to clear.

21 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

Nice shed Fab. I’m planning on building a new one, I’m thinking of doing an ‘on grade shed’ -steel piers instead of concrete slab. I’d like to use a steel frame like yours but seems cost prohibitive.

Thanks mate.Yes the cost is always what can stop you if you don't have the coin or knowledge I guess.Yes it gets cold/hot in it but you can insulate them and gyprock them if you wish.I didn't bother when I built mine as I knew I wasn't going to spend a heap of time in it and used the coin to do all the other things I did to the house.if I get hot I just jump in my pool to cool down.Wooden frames are good if you can still get them and you will save a Motza doing your own work if at all possible.My shed was going to cost 12k from memory in 2002 for slsb,shed and install and I did it all for $3200. It's a 10mx8m shed that I extended at the time from a off the plan 6x6 double garage shed.

2 hours ago, Welster said:

4 hours ago, Welster said:

That stuff just keeps accumulating I’d hate to have to move.  But if you do hear of a massive shed near the water with a bedroom and toilet within it going cheap I’m all ears.

I won't be moving anywhere mate,I can tell you that now.That shed near the water sounds good though.

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

mate you have heaps of room left on the floor...rick

The floor is what I'm trying to clear.

1 hour ago, flatheadluke said:

Thanks mate.Yes the cost is always what can stop you if you don't have the coin or knowledge I guess.Yes it gets cold/hot in it but you can insulate them and gyprock them if you wish.I didn't bother when I built mine as I knew I wasn't going to spend a heap of time in it and used the coin to do all the other things I did to the house.if I get hot I just jump in my pool to cool down.Wooden frames are good if you can still get them and you will save a Motza doing your own work if at all possible.My shed was going to cost 12k from memory in 2002 for slsb,shed and install and I did it all for $3200. It's a 10mx8m shed that I extended at the time from a off the plan 6x6 double garage shed.

4 hours ago, Welster said:

Wonder if these still work?Might take up boat painting.FB_IMG_1509881087077.jpg

There's a feeling of joy after doing a major clear up... not that I'd know personally, but believe it to be the case! Seriously, you have to wonder how we accumulate so much stuff in our lifetime. I'd sooner be set on fire than have to move. Cheers, bn

Looks pretty neat and organised to me. I recently had a shed clean up, 3 box trailer loads to the scrap metal and 5 loads to the dump and your shed still looks neat compared to mine, but I am getting there.

At least my main workshop has some floor space in it now and I am beginning to be able to find what I'm looking for. Didn't know I had so many pairs of plyers etc till I got them all together.

Fab you will get there, just don't throw the good stuff out like I was forced to do, one day it will be needed.

Frank

4 hours ago, big Neil said:

There's a feeling of joy after doing a major clear up... not that I'd know personally, but believe it to be the case! Seriously, you have to wonder how we accumulate so much stuff in our lifetime. I'd sooner be set on fire than have to move. Cheers, bn

You and me both mate.I've known renters that have moved up to 17 times.16 times to much if you ask me.

15 minutes ago, frankS said:

Looks pretty neat and organised to me. I recently had a shed clean up, 3 box trailer loads to the scrap metal and 5 loads to the dump and your shed still looks neat compared to mine, but I am getting there.

At least my main workshop has some floor space in it now and I am beginning to be able to find what I'm looking for. Didn't know I had so many pairs of plyers etc till I got them all together.

Fab you will get there, just don't throw the good stuff out like I was forced to do, one day it will be needed.

Frank

You sound like my Father in-law mate.I've never seen anyone with so much stuff,tools etc that basically are ornaments hanging on the wall.The problem with all the stuff that you think "one day" I'll need that is,that day never comes.I had stuff that I haven't touched for over 20 years.My father in-law is 78 and hasn't touched things for over 40yrs he says.Where do you draw the line?

1 hour ago, MainframeJames said:

We're pretty savage at my place. Most things go if they haven't been touched for a year. Keeps things very neat and tidy. 

That's what I'm doing from here on in.Otherwise the shed/house gets cluttered with too much unnessary stuff that you may or may not "need" one day.

I've only been home for a month after the floods & my shed is worse than it was!!

I'm looking into getting a small industrial untit for the business so I can separate work from home & actually get my shed back to being a normal family shed. Running a business out of it + my own stuff is just not viable anymore if I want to keep fishing!

Edited by Jewhunter

I just sold my house and moved into a rental,while i renovate the new house

Old place had a single garage but with two large mezzanine floors and two large 2.5 x 3mtr sheds and a 6mtr carport out front.

Rental has a 6 x6 double garage but no driveway, so with the boat inside and my prized possessions its really full.

New house has a driveway and that's it, need to build a garage as well as kitchens, bathrooms and other items.

Three Ute loads to the tip, Sold a ute load of Old Ford parts to a Club member and probably dumped another ute load at work. Boxed the rest so when i do move to the new house it will be like Xmas.

Upside is i have sneaked a few new Rod & Reel combos into the shed with the line, ive had that for ages.

1 hour ago, Jewhunter said:

I've only been home for a month after the floods & my shed is worse than it was!!

I'm looking into getting a small industrial untit for the business so I can separate work from home & actually get my shed back to being a normal family shed. Running a business out of it + my own stuff is just not viable anymore if I want to keep fishing!

I feel your pain mate.

1 hour ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I just sold my house and moved into a rental,while i renovate the new house

Old place had a single garage but with two large mezzanine floors and two large 2.5 x 3mtr sheds and a 6mtr carport out front.

Rental has a 6 x6 double garage but no driveway, so with the boat inside and my prized possessions its really full.

New house has a driveway and that's it, need to build a garage as well as kitchens, bathrooms and other items.

Three Ute loads to the tip, Sold a ute load of Old Ford parts to a Club member and probably dumped another ute load at work. Boxed the rest so when i do move to the new house it will be like Xmas.

Upside is i have sneaked a few new Rod & Reel combos into the shed with the line, ive had that for ages.

Sounds like your going to be a busy be with very light pockets for a while.