Look for a mono for a spinning set up

King chaser

Hi guys looking for new monofilament line for my spinning set up, I am switching back from braid. I’m running a Daiwa Saltiga on a 6ft 6 Daiwa saltist rod.

I generally fish off a boat and flick hard bodied lures so like a distance cast. 

Looking for recommendations for a good brand of mono!

15 minutes ago, Aardvarking said:

Why are you switching from braid? There are definitely situations where pure mono is better, but braid is better in just about every way for flicking lures.

Yea I hear ya Aardvarking, growing yup using pretty much only mono it feels more natural to me in the cast and retrieve, with rod I’m using I’m still able to get a good action with mono line.

im using Sufix 832 at the moment which is great but finding the odd wind tangle here and there and again I find the feeling of mono more natural to me, and enjoy the stretch during a fight. Going to switch back for a bit and see how I go, just looking for a decent brand that’s good on the cast.

8 hours ago, King chaser said:

Yea I hear ya Aardvarking, growing yup using pretty much only mono it feels more natural to me in the cast and retrieve, with rod I’m using I’m still able to get a good action with mono line.

im using Sufix 832 at the moment which is great but finding the odd wind tangle here and there and again I find the feeling of mono more natural to me, and enjoy the stretch during a fight. Going to switch back for a bit and see how I go, just looking for a decent brand that’s good on the cast.

I fish mono as well, using Sufix brand, but it is a bit hard to find in the shops.

15 hours ago, King chaser said:

Hi guys looking for new monofilament line for my spinning set up, I am switching back from braid. I’m running a Daiwa Saltiga on a 6ft 6 Daiwa saltist rod.

I generally fish off a boat and flick hard bodied lures so like a distance cast. 

Looking for recommendations for a good brand of mono!

I’m not much of a fan of Platypus mono lines even though they are popular. I like the German made Schneider mono line.