Noosa help

geshy

The rocks are not a bad spot, long walk though, have a look at Fairy Pools and out to Hells Gate, usually some kings around, trevally of all sorts of species including GT's (tend to be small) , occasional macks and tuna (macks usually but I have seen the odd pod of longtails there ). Really nice place to fish - pelagics really current dependant- I fished it quite a bit back in the 90's when I lived in Brissie but I cant say I ever had the place wired. Never tried for Jewies but it does have a good rep for them off Fairy Pools. The river around Woods Bay can be a lot of fun for small trevors and micro queenies but the bite usually switches off by 30 minutes after sunup and in summer thats really early in Qld. Oh and be aware - heaps of snakes on the walk out to the National Park early morning before the tourist start making noise.

3 hours ago, PaddyT said:

The rocks are not a bad spot, long walk though, have a look at Fairy Pools and out to Hells Gate, usually some kings around, trevally of all sorts of species including GT's (tend to be small) , occasional macks and tuna (macks usually but I have seen the odd pod of longtails there ). Really nice place to fish - pelagics really current dependant- I fished it quite a bit back in the 90's when I lived in Brissie but I cant say I ever had the place wired. Never tried for Jewies but it does have a good rep for them off Fairy Pools. The river around Woods Bay can be a lot of fun for small trevors and micro queenies but the bite usually switches off by 30 minutes after sunup and in summer thats really early in Qld. Oh and be aware - heaps of snakes on the walk out to the National Park early morning before the tourist start making noise.

Thanks mate appreciate it.

3 hours ago, PaddyT said:

Where abouts is this place your talking about?

The rock fishing spots are in the Noosa National park , Woods Bay is at the mouth of the river- also be aware rocks are different up there , they are granite so cleats are useless, use rubber soled shoes with good grip

6 hours ago, PaddyT said:

The rock fishing spots are in the Noosa National park , Woods Bay is at the mouth of the river- also be aware rocks are different up there , they are granite so cleats are useless, use rubber soled shoes with good grip

Thanks paddy mate and will remeber that and wear rubber sole shoes