QLD/Noth-Mid NSW Beaches you can drive on

PRED-ATOR

G'day mate.

You can drive on the Tweed Beaches, but you need a permit.

The closest free beach to drive on is South Ballina. You can get there by taking the Burns Point Road Ferry across the river. It's a lot quicker than driving down to Wardell & cutting back in. The holiday park there is huge & good fun. I go camping there at least once a year.Great fishing down that way. The Sth Ballina wall is famous for it's size & numbers of jew. The beach itself has more pipis than you can poke a stick at. Watch for the birds we call 'pipi eaters' & have a go where they are feeding. There are gutters everywhere & at the moment it's producing big whiting, tailor, bream, flatties, tarwhine & dart. Always a chance of a jew as well.

You can drive right down to Evans Head along the beach. You need a low tide to cross the coffee rock section a couple of clicks north of Evans. Don't get me started on how good the fishing is in Evans itself!

Edited by Jewhunter

On 10/11/2017 at 9:23 AM, PRED-ATOR said:

Hi Guys,

Picked up the new 4X4 last weekend and itching to do some sand driving/fishing. Do you guys know any beaches QLD/Noth-Mid NSW Beaches you can drive on (other than moreton/fraser).

Thanks guys 

What 4X4 did you get?

On 10/11/2017 at 10:54 AM, Jewhunter said:

G'day mate.

You can drive on the Tweed Beaches, but you need a permit.

The closest free beach to drive on is South Ballina. You can get there by taking the Burns Point Road Ferry across the river. It's a lot quicker than driving down to Wardell & cutting back in. The holiday park there is huge & good fun. I go camping there at least once a year.Great fishing down that way. The Sth Ballina wall is famous for it's size & numbers of jew. The beach itself has more pipis than you can poke a stick at. Watch for the birds we call 'pipi eaters' & have a go where they are feeding. There are gutters everywhere & at the moment it's producing big whiting, tailor, bream, flatties, tarwhine & dart. Always a chance of a jew as well.

You can drive right down to Evans Head along the beach. You need a low tide to cross the coffee rock section a couple of clicks north of Evans. Don't get me started on how good the fishing is in Evans itself!

Thanks Jew Hunter, 

Evans head sounds interesting, i dont think im confident enough to hit that beach yet though. Any beaches you are aware of that i can drive straight onto (no ferries etc.)

Cheers!

Hey mate. You'll easily do that beach! The car ferry is $5 & takes about 5 mins!! It cuts straight over the Richmond River. You have about 20kms of beach to drive on before you get anywhere near the coffee rocks if you go in at Sth Ballina.