Trolling lures

MerryFisher

Went trolling for some game species yesterday around browns mountain using two skirted lures and two deep diver lures. The weather was fantastic, however there’s no fish to be found in the four hours I trolled. On the way back to Sydney I noticed a lot of baitfish just out from Randwick, so I thought I’ll give it one more go trolling lures. The result was an instant hit on the two skirted lures first. I was a bit close to the rocks at that time, so I steered the boat away from the cliff and a few seconds later one of the deep divers got hit as well. I kept the boat going slowly away from the cliff and started to bring in the fish from the closet lure first. Few minutes later landed all three kings of which one is a keeper. So called it a day and made some king fish sashimi for dinner.

AD708CB1-CD75-4994-AF5D-5B670C32B078.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, luvbigfish said:

Think we seen you ? , we got out there  early ideal conditions birds everywhere ,bait jumping around water  looked good temp a bit cool bit hit 21.8 and only  picked up a couple  of skippys :(

If that's the boat you saw then it was me:D

0239.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, luvbigfish said:

Hey m8 seen you yesterday at the bait grounds did you have any luck , we got a couple of skippys , 1 dolly around 10kg and dropped a strippy . This was us.

Screenshot_20180120-195257.png

Nice rig, now that's what I call a boat:D. Nothing to rave about last sunday, had the family with me, plan was to catch some bait with my trusty sabiki and go for some kings around blue point, no takers though. So just bottom bashed outside the harbour 

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, luvbigfish said:

Hey m8 seen you yesterday at the bait grounds did you have any luck , we got a couple of skippys , 1 dolly around 10kg and dropped a strippy . This was us.

Screenshot_20180120-195257.png

Mate, how far out did you have to go for the strippy?

• 1 month later...

Bugger about the jig ? im heading out Saturday  arvo for an over nighter in the hawksberry hopefully pick up a jewy , then head outside early sunday  for a quick sesh maybe fads for dollys as ive heard there getting decent size ones ?