Tinnie testing

big Neil

Very hot down here in the Riverina, at the moment. Cod season is imminent so I took the boat out for a spin to check that all is well. Water depth in the river is still on the low side but enough to motor around a bit. Hadn't been to the river for a while in my boat and had to (guesswork) effect repairs to the new transducer and old sounder. Fresh fuel, a tune up, new impeller along with new bearings on the trailer, and I'm happy to say that everything worked well. Spotted a few fish on the sounder and put some worms in their face. Waited till I was getting burned and decided to try for some shrimp. After about 3/4 hour the net produced 4 measly shrimps. In a matter of 15 mins I had 3 small (immature) Cod which were quickly released to get bigger. All caught on shrimp. No more shrimps so back to worms = NO MORE BITES. Managed another few smallish shrimps which netted me a 50cm Cod, which looked very ill and a perfectly sized Yellowbelly, who wanted to come home with me... The last shrimp I put on with some worms (usually a deadly cocktail), yet again NOTHING. So all systems go for Dec 1st, then I can go target the Cod. Thanks for reading, bn

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

good stuff neil  glad all is well on the boat front..the fish sound like they are getting fussy mate...hope the yellowbelly was good company on the trip home  haha..rick

Thanks Rick. Bit concerned at the state of the larger (small) Cod. Full of big red sores and very emaciated. Fought ok though for its size. Weather very hot but water temp still only 21.8c, early days I suppose. Hope you're managing to get out fishing a bit mate. Neil

Neil. I take it you intend to bring your boat to Burrinjuck ?, it will be good to have it there in case something goes wrong with my project, ( not tested yet ) . I still don't know how many guys we are going to have there, so far it's just Marty myself and you with 1 other strong possibility.

I can't wait to get there and get onto the water again, been a while for me as I was forced to sell my last boat and have been working on this project  for a while.

Getting a trailer set up for it at the moment and waiting for forward control cables from Adelaide . Running out of time and would like to put it in the water and give it a run before I tow it all the way down to the juck.

Frank

8 hours ago, frankS said:

Neil. I take it you intend to bring your boat to Burrinjuck ?, it will be good to have it there in case something goes wrong with my project, ( not tested yet ) . I still don't know how many guys we are going to have there, so far it's just Marty myself and you with 1 other strong possibility.

I can't wait to get there and get onto the water again, been a while for me as I was forced to sell my last boat and have been working on this project  for a while.

Getting a trailer set up for it at the moment and waiting for forward control cables from Adelaide . Running out of time and would like to put it in the water and give it a run before I tow it all the way down to the juck.

Frank

Hi Frank. Have sent you a PM. bn