port stephens beakies

rickmarlin62

3 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

How long a ride to the FAD in my boat, Jeff?

Probably too long baz! It’s usually around the 20km mark but I think it’s a bit closer this year! Maybe 16km! It would have to be a really nice day to venture that far! 

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

not much difference to broughton just different direction baz...I normally rack up 30 naut mile most days to the island...rick

Thanks Rick. I did a rough calculation of about 11nm Friday from the heads to the FAD and 6 or 7 to Broughton. I’ll have to pick my days, that’s for sure!

I only worked it out by dropping pins on the Navionics app on my phone, so, yeah, only rough calculations. Takes me about 20 minutes to get to The Sisters from the bait grounds, I guess. Figure I’ll give it a crack on one of those glassy days when I can run at 20 knots or so. Expect a much slower trip coming home! It’d be nice to have the company of another boat. ? I prefer to fish on weekdays. ?

We went 2-2-0 on a small stripe and a big blue wide of Norah last week, saw two other stripes free jumping, water at Broken Bay and Terrigal fads was 17 and green. Once we went to the shelf the current was ripping to the south, really electric blue colour and was between 22-23.1

20 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

cheers for the update tyrone..rick

No dramas mate won't be too long, looking forward to the inshore blacks this year, from all the reports up North it's going to hopefully be a much better season then last year, just hope the weather is better

On 01/12/2017 at 1:19 PM, tyrone07 said:

No dramas mate won't be too long, looking forward to the inshore blacks this year, from all the reports up North it's going to hopefully be a much better season then last year, just hope the weather is better

Fingers crossed! It was tough going last year and the inshore program was very short!