Downrigger weights

snapper_1

3 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

depends on line weight  what you are trolling..lures ?? baits ..??size of lures or bait..depth..???  for live baits dead baits  large lures  up to 24kg I use 10lb round bomb with screw adjustable release clip...rick

Thanks mate .

Sorry to be a pest but what speed you troling  yakas /squid .

Thanks

For Botany Bay I would suggest you only need 4-6 lb bomb 8lb max. I suggest pancake bombs as they track better and don't roll around the floor if left on deck.

I have some here I could lend you to try before you buy in various weights, also have release clips.

Frank

Thanks mate appreciated your offer don't want to put you in all that trouble landing and stuff . 

I have the downrigger coming with some clips  .I  was thinking 6-8 lb too so I'll just buy one .

You know what they say( once you have a boat your hand will be always in the pocket )

Thanks for advice as well.

Steve 

I've been getting away with 5lb bombs pulling live baits in 30-40m.  I replaced the wire with braid as the wire hummed quite loadly often attracting sharks. Also if you find your weight getting to far behind the boat and to high in the water simply knock the engine out of gear every few minutes to keep the speed down.