spinning session Nambucca river 28/11

dirvin21

Another opportunity for a pre work fishing session headed up to Nambucca first spot produced almost immediately 

20171124_140445.jpg

A nice big eye to start the day, after catching countless numbers of fish the tango shad in the trevs mouth finally packed it in and is now a keyring

Then 2 hours of nothing, fished multiple spots for not even a follow heading back towards work couldn't resist stopping at the tree

first few casts again produced nothing then with a perfect cast next to some sunken branches the lure was hammered and out came a reasonable moses perch

20171128_105530.jpg

When you find a school of feeding moses perch the action can be insane and this was no exception, I was getting hit almost every cast most of the fish were around the low 20's

20171128_110429.jpg

then a much more solid hit straight away this was a bigger fish had to lock up to keep him from the timber and then out came a much better quality fish

20171128_105911.jpg

26cm a cracker of a mosie for the river and a new pb

the smaller ones just kept coming

20171128_111643.jpg

I estimate about 15 landed

20171128_111640.jpg

sure am glad I'm not a baitfish

when the mosies went off the bite moved down to the next tree 

first cast was hammered by an absolute beast of a mosie saw him just before the hooks pulled

then working my lure beside the log it was hammered with a vengeance and was screaming under the timber had to again lock up and go for broke this time I thought i was bust off but by some miracle the fish turned and to my absolute surprise out came a purple cod 

20171128_112906.jpg

an absolutely beautiful fish and not what I was expecting 

20171128_112909.jpg

thats what I love about salt water lure fishing you just never know what comes out next

the cod measured 32cm an awesome way to finish the session

for interest sake my liking of ecogear sx40's has diminished recently because the quality has gone downhill, I'm finding strikepro pygmy to be better quality and far cheaper opton just my opinion

cheers for reading 

Dave

Thanks guys i hope you guys enjoy my reports as as much as I enjoy writing them and Stan the fishing hasn't been easy that was just  crackin session in the middle of some very tough ones..... my offer always stands anyone who finds themselves in the area send me a message and I'll do my best to meet up and put youonto some fish