New camera

JonD

Its been a while since posting any pics as I sold and gave away all my slr camera gear (my girls ended up with some of it).

I had to upgrade my computer too as the old one simply wouldn't open files from the latest camera, even now Im still struggling with new software as adobe doesn't have the firmware for processing the raw files.

Anyway Ive moved completely away from slr's to just a good quality compact with a 24-600mm lens.

Heres a few shots getting a feel for the new compact.

_JDP0110.jpg

_JDP0199.jpg

_JDP0388.jpg

_JDP0390.jpg

_JDP0501.jpg

_JDP0729.jpg

_JDP0892.jpg

_JDP0898.jpg

_JDP0911.jpg

_JDP0916.jpg

_JDP1043.jpg

_JDP1270.jpg

_JDP1331.jpg

_JDP1254.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

great shots jon...luv them kingfishers..we have heaps in my local creek..rick

We have them quite commonly around our place to, these and the eagles are from the lake just infront of our house. What a grea part of the world we live in.

18 minutes ago, xerotao said:

What type of camera is it?

my wife has a beginner canon 600d with the standard 55-115mm (i think) lens

and its massive step up from normal point and shoot digital cameras

This is from a Sony rx 10 mk 4, it's a remarkable little camera that's easy to carry around pretty much anywhere. They are quite expensive but when you start to see how these images stack up against pro gear you soon realise how cheap they are.

They shoot up to 24 frames per second full sized raw images, have 315 focus points that stick to the subject like glue. Then there's the full hd and 4 k video that can film ultra high speed to be played back at incredibly slow speeds. The best thing is though you are more likely to get good shots from these types cameras because you don't mind carrying them around.

Like anything new that's really good this will have a big impact on other camera sales, Sony have really kicked a goal with this model.

Fantastic pics Jon. That red bellied black is like the one that swam up (unnoticed by us) to the back of my boat on Wallaga Lake earlier this year. The bugger was actually trying to get into the boat............certainly put the wind up us a bit!

Dave

28 minutes ago, Mullatt said:

Fantastic pics Jon. That red bellied black is like the one that swam up (unnoticed by us) to the back of my boat on Wallaga Lake earlier this year. The bugger was actually trying to get into the boat............certainly put the wind up us a bit!

Dave

I had one try and get in my kayak with my daughter a few years back, I've also seen the sea eagles grab them from the water too

14 hours ago, JonD said:

I had one try and get in my kayak with my daughter a few years back, I've also seen the sea eagles grab them from the water too

Was that at Wallaga too Jon? Forgot to say that my encounter was down the front , between the bridge and the sea. Its very marshy around there , so I guess not a surprise to run into a red bellied black there eh!

Dave

22 minutes ago, Hill373737 said:

Great photos, nice work.

I hate snakes .... hopefully you were using every bit of the 600mm zoom for the photo of the red bellied black!!

The snake was the wide 24 end hence the reason it's starting to flatten out its neck, they can flatten out like a cobra if they get to cranky. Red bellies are normally so easy to see and scare away so easy it makes coming in contact extremely rare ( contact meaning a bite) . 

9 hours ago, Mullatt said:

Was that at Wallaga too Jon? Forgot to say that my encounter was down the front , between the bridge and the sea. Its very marshy around there , so I guess not a surprise to run into a red bellied black there eh!

Dave

No the one that tried to get in the kayak was on the Tuross river way up the back in bass country. We used to keep around 20 snakes and often looked after injured ones, red bellies are stunning up close.

• 6 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, JonD said:

This is from a Sony rx 10 mk 4, it's a remarkable little camera that's easy to carry around pretty much anywhere. They are quite expensive but when you start to see how these images stack up against pro gear you soon realise how cheap they are.

They shoot up to 24 frames per second full sized raw images, have 315 focus points that stick to the subject like glue. Then there's the full hd and 4 k video that can film ultra high speed to be played back at incredibly slow speeds. The best thing is though you are more likely to get good shots from these types cameras because you don't mind carrying them around.

Like anything new that's really good this will have a big impact on other camera sales, Sony have really kicked a goal with this model.

Great images & looks like an amazing camera for a non SLR.

Very nice colour saturation & clarity on those pics mate.

Is all that 600mm zoom optical or partially digital & did you take any images from the above at 600mm zoom??

Its been a while but digital zooms in the past just don't cut the mustard for quality.

Definitely got me interested in this camera.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:57 PM, kingie chaser said:

Great images & looks like an amazing camera for a non SLR.

Very nice colour saturation & clarity on those pics mate.

Is all that 600mm zoom optical or partially digital & did you take any images from the above at 600mm zoom??

Its been a while but digital zooms in the past just don't cut the mustard for quality.

Definitely got me interested in this camera.

No it's optical, not sure if it has digital above 600.

• 4 months later...