Fishing goal this summer

Guest Guest123456789

• 7 months later...
Guest Guest123456789

Alright fellow raiders summer has started for season 18/19. What goals have we all got this season?

last season I set the bar pretty low by wanting what is an abundant estuary species (crabs). I’m going for broke this year: a 1 metre+ king AND a 1 metre+ Jew. Obviously not in the same session (though that would be nice) but before May 2019. I believe I’ll do it, I’ve seen it happen in my head.

Well, if I go ahead with a new boat @kiwicraig, you can come with me to the FAD. I was out there with @zmk1962 a couple of weeks back, so a bit early for dollies. 

I've managed to over take the first placed guy in the fishing club. He was a long way ahead and stopped fishing in June!

Maybe a Jew fish for me. I got my first dummer and my first aussie King so that was exciting.

Kingfish on stickbait

1m plus king (ideally on stick bait)....

My golden trifecta is a 1m plus king, from the kayak and on a fly rod.

After reading one of the fish raider posts I am also thinking of whiting on fly rod.

Last years goal was to teach myself to shore jig with a flutter jig. Has resulted in 3 of my 11 kings so far this year. If it turns out to be a proper season I think my king count will go up nicely.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DerekD said:

Kingfish on stickbait

1m plus king (ideally on stick bait)....

My golden trifecta is a 1m plus king, from the kayak and on a fly rod.

After reading one of the fish raider posts I am also thinking of whiting on fly rod.

Last years goal was to teach myself to shore jig with a flutter jig. Has resulted in 3 of my 11 kings so far this year. If it turns out to be a proper season I think my king count will go up nicely.

Lots on my list, but catching a Kingfish is still at the top. Maybe on the next visit to the Coast? bn

My main goal is simply to fish a hell of a lot more! At least once a fortnight, if not weekly!

Apart from that, my goals would be much the same as last year, i.e.:

* catch snapper more consistently

* a decent jew

* get to the FAD and get a few mahi-mahi 

* a beakie, ideally solo for the added challenge

• Like 1