Sign in to follow this  
frankS

Burrinjuck Dam

Well yet again another trip to Burrinjuck for no fish. Arrived Monday and waited for a break between showers to unload gear
into the cabin, waited again for a break in the weather, watched the cricket till 10pm then went to bed.
Tuesday myself and Big Neil spent 5 hours between showers trolling and tossing various lures spinner baits etc, 
finally decided to call it a day and bounce our way back to the ramp, to say we got wet was an understatement. 
The weather didn't look like breaking so we decided to call it quits and come home early.
I believe Marty and John ( friend of mine from another site ) put the boat in but didn't wet a line, well not in the way you normally wet a line anyway.
Still had fun and it was good to spend some time with good blokes.
Frank

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

means the next trip will be awesome....startin to think neil is a human banana......hahahaha

Who looks more like a watermelon. I'm starting to think I'm JINXED. Went out for the opening and got nothing while my buddy, sitting 2 mtrs away, got 5 Cod. Watch this space though cos it can't last for ever. Least I hope not! Thanks for putting up with me Frank, Marty and John. Always fun anyway, have to take the rough with the smooth. Cheers bn

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

means the next trip will be awesome....startin to think neil is a human banana......hahahaha

Funny you should say that!! towards the end of our fishless session Neil says " want a Banana ?" and drags one out of his bag and starts munching on it.

Not that I believe in that sort of stuff.

Just the day after the full moon where the fish have been gorging themselves under the moon light all night, they just ain't hungry the next day.

Still I wouldn't have missed it, was great meeting and spending some time with Neil and a couple of old mates that I don't get to see that often.

Frank

6 hours ago, frankS said:

Funny you should say that!! towards the end of our fishless session Neil says " want a Banana ?" and drags one out of his bag and starts munching on it.

Not that I believe in that sort of stuff.

Just the day after the full moon where the fish have been gorging themselves under the moon light all night, they just ain't hungry the next day.

Still I wouldn't have missed it, was great meeting and spending some time with Neil and a couple of old mates that I don't get to see that often.

Frank

Now listen you lot, don't go blaming the bloody bananas. It was the fish that didn't want to play and the weather gods doing their best to put a wet blanket on things. Just been to Wagga and the Murrumbidgee is the colour of chocolate with all the rainfall we've had. bn

sorry to give you heaps neil  just kiddin  maybe u should have been fishn in the dark ??????..my river is startin to hold some better water now..January  and il try an get dirvin and we will go catch some...rick