Handmade timber cod lure

Omally

Hi guys had a couple of hours spare yesterday and how expensive lures are these days thought I'd have a crack,  I had some hardwood timber stake offcuts from a previous diy project not much of a woodworker as I'm a welder by trade lol ummm here we go,  I started off with the off cut  then proceeded to shape it with my trusty cordless angle grinder with a flapper disc on it got some shape to it and used a engraver to try to get some detail in it,  drilled some holes used 316 MIG wire for the hook and tow points , then I used some builders bog to fill the holes, then I was going to use some polycarbonate then thought mmm might go jitter bug style so I grabbed a spoon cut and shaped it used a 316 screw to hold it on then I sealed it sprayed it with red calliper paint haha it's all I had in the garage, once dried I raided the missus nail polish drawer and used some black on the but ( don't know what its supposed to resemble but anyways) once dried I gave it a shot of some clear and here we are a nice 150 mm top walking lure  can't wait to try it .Guys and girls it's not the best looking lure but made with a bit of love only took about an hour of work rest was waiting for paint and bog to dry lol and casting so close to trees and stuff was designed to be lost ... Having a Lil trouble uploading the pics that I took so bare with me and I'll try to get them up or if anyone could help would be awesome I tried resizing them but it's not working ?

IMG_20171209_5863.jpg

IMG_20171209_53593.jpg

DSC_0433-3072x1728.JPG

Edited by Omally
Learning lol

Couldn't help myself got the young bloke up at 430 this morning headed to Gooloogong Bridge ( lachlan river) my hopes weren't high for fish due to the recent rain was flowing pretty hard we were only there for half hour..... BUT the lure was a success so happy first of all the action was pretty damn good it was moving like an inch inch and a half each way a real good walking action then I tried using it as a popper and was making a real good gloop and splash one thing I did notice but was a Lil nose heavy and when left started to sink but what I noticed when  I let it sink at my feet was that  it sank with the wobble also rising with the wobble to wasn't quite as much as when I was walking it but I really hold high hopes for this lure on Wednesday when we head to wyangala dam.... I know I said this lure was made to be lost in my previous post hahaha think I'm already attached to it think I'm really onto a winner here really hope I get my first murray cod with it would be so much sweeter, also to show my boy that it's not all about spending and buying  that you can make stuff just as good and that's how they done it before mass production ?

Cheers guys 

Edited by Omally

4 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Thumbs Up !!! Good job! .....and hope you land that big one !

Cheers Zoran

Thanks zoran.... Yeah going out Wednesday honestly it's been a while I'd be happy with a nibble ( no pun intended) lol