510 Brooker with 60hp?

Fatbastard

id go 75 or 90.they are same weight..i have 4.8vsea glass hull.since going from 2st 60 yammie to 90 2st yammie I havnt looked back..entirely different boat to drive with plenty of power left unused..the 60 4st would be doughy on that wider hull..they hold a lot of water surface when getting on the plane..loaded with more than 2 bodies on board I think you would be disappointed..rick

thanks for the replies.  The sales guy is telling me that the 60 Command Thrust engine would do the job fine and that is the engine he is trying to sell me but I'm thinking that maybe he just has one sitting on a stand out the back he wants to shift.  The hull is a 2016 and has been sitting on the yard for quite a while.  My other concern is now that Brooker have gone belly up will that have any ramifications down the track when it comes to sell/update?

8 hours ago, antonywardle said:

This early post suggests that it might be a bit lite when loaded. Thats a 60 2 stroke, so I guess the 4 won't be any better

Brooker 60 HP 2 stroke

a 60 or 75 ETEC would be good, but I like my ETEC!

A 60 etec on this boat would be perfect

i dont know if the website i just checked is correct but it says the weight of the hull only is 285kg..... if thats true an 60 etec would be perfect and 75 etec would be a rocket ship. I had a 75 etec on my previous boat which was a renegade 460 with hull weight of 400kg and top speed was 52km/hr and holeshot was incredible.

also agree on concern regarding brooker marine going bust...... if u do decide to buy factor in that you dont have any warranty fallback and this could work in ur favour to give u some buyer power and negotiate a very good price.

Edited by GoingFishing

I've decided to go ahead regardless of the issue with Brooker being no more.  I can't complain about the price and have gone with an 80 Mercury 4 stroke which should be fine, thanks for the input guys.  Going to Lake Mac/Port Stephens over Christmas hoping to put a bend in a rod or two!!

• 2 weeks later...