Stanwell Snapper

AI fella

Had a good day last Friday, live baits everywhere from Bundeena Jetty to Jibbon, we headed towards Stanwell ,just cruising, watching the sounder for some Kingy signs but with a rather sloppy swell bouncing back of the cliffs we decided to target snapper.We have a spot thats produced fish but nothing to brag about, in front of the ocean bridge a few bout a Km out, baits down and the 3 other lads on board all hooked up, 2 big fat pike and a small flattie,  I like to hang back a bit , they all had 30 pound leaders with 2/3 droppers and a dirty big snapper lead.....I like my Freams 3000 on my bream rod.....one decent ball sinker running straight to a small circle hook, 10lb leader (mono), half a pillie, " you wont hold the bottom with that", all good I said smiling, (I don't want to be near the bottom) as there was a good 3 knot current, just enough weight to waft down i reckoned would be the go, didn't take long , felt some good weight , let the circle hook work its magic and boo-ya !!!! 65cm ,my new PB,then one of the lads changes down and bang !!!! 68cm!

A few more keepers but just over legal and more big pike that the skipper wont keep....(the best Jew bait...IMO), headed back to the Hacking for a few cold ones at Jibbon, where we had a blast on Trevally up to 50cm, that swarmed all around the burley....easy pickings and good fun on light gear, It was a good Friday off with the boss and mates for our Xmas party,

Tight lines and a good Chrissy and new year to all :)

My Snapper.jpg

Dazza's Snapper.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good Sydney reds there mate, impressed for this time of year for that area, how deep were u fishing? Next time use a lucanus in the rod holder bobbing Off the bottom for that stray hoodlum!  They are there