Boat Mod

jordy

Hi all just bought a nice older quintrex fishabout 4.88m just looking for an opinion on moving the centre bench thwart seat which has a top weld and centre support.looking at bringing it forward and getting rid of the front pedestal seat arrangement.Two reasons why first I find the current helm position not ideal very cramped and also to open up the fishing room a bit.A checker plate floor would then be added.Dont want to risk the hulls integrity at all.Ive spent hours researching on line and the juries out,just looking for some up to date advice.This boat is strictly estuary and impoundment use no open ocean.

Edited by jordy

Man alot take people will tell you don't but I did exactly that with awesome results I can't condone this as might not be the Best thing to do, also if it's insured forget about it  ummm yeah I've had water police tell me how good of a job I done but they even said ya just  never know.... I'll go out to the garage to find my old photos.... Also it was a strict river boat never outside 

Sorry mate can't find em when I did do mine I was around 20  before I had kids now I'm 37  I honestly don't reckon I'd do it now hey.definitely would have to have take some structural integrity .. But yeah I have lol

Edited by Omally