Howdy Raiders,
Just thought id start a thread about FCL labo lures as they are fantastic but there are few things about these lures that id like to discuss. Firstly they have amazing finishes and work amazing! however, they seem to not epoxied at all and damage very easily even just from the impact with the water when casting. As well a this they are made of a high density foam which is supposed to not take on water which is false i had a guy run over my ebipop today in his jetski and i lost the lure for about 2hrs by the time it was located it was barely on the surface with cup facing the sky vertical in the water and weighed a maybe 10 - 20% more.

I would like to epoxy my FCL lures but i have a few minor concerns id like help with,
A. the surface lures being slightly heavier and not being as effective
B. the epoxy not working with the paint/foiling on the lure and causing bubbling.

I plan to use Devcon 2 ton epoxy i have ordered from the states it seems to be what a lot of lure makers recommend that wont effect the paint.

PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THIS ON OTHER LURES OR CAN WEIGH IN ON THE SUBJECT OF EPOXYS or FCL LABO MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANKS RAIDERS!!

Edited by brett01
make title more relevant

@dirvin21 yeah they are (expensive) Japanese lures, more game casting lures popular with the LBG community however they do do smaller stuff aswell. So I epoxied all of my FCL's today with CS Coatings Seal-coat which is very thin and have not wanted to use it for this but as i now know they take on water i will use it to slow any further damage and keep my poppers sitting sweet. The CS Coatings Seal-coat needs many coats to get a thick finish (however it dries incredibly fast) so today i did 4 coats (adding approx 2g) and the finishes look fine with this product.

When i receive my Devcon 2 ton i will weigh in on that aswell. thanks

On 12/15/2017 at 7:04 AM, outdoordan said:

Try envirotex lite. I use this for all my lure making both as a sealer and as a finish. as a sealer, dilute with 20% metho.

Be sure to thouroughly clean with metho before coating. Like all epoxy, it dosnt take well to gease, oil or silicones.

thanks mate