Bimini fabric protection

Peter Nelson

I have used scotch guard on all of my boats, especially my current boat which I bought brand new.

I sprayed two coats on each side of the Bimini one coat length ways one coat across, two coats on the carpet after a full vacuum and I wiped down the seats with a soft coth with scotch guard sprayed on it.

It makes the Bimini waterproof and easier to keep clean and the carpets easier to keep clean.

I did this cause it rained for 2 weeks after I brought the boat home, I also used car wax and polish on the hull.

Yeah right good idea I'm thinking for autumn winter I'm going to be exploring the knoocks and crannies of the lachlan river might help waterproof em a Lil like from morning dew ... Worth a try anyway... Cheers omally 

Edited by Omally

10 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I have used scotch guard on all of my boats, especially my current boat which I bought brand new.

I sprayed two coats on each side of the Bimini one coat length ways one coat across, two coats on the carpet after a full vacuum and I wiped down the seats with a soft coth with scotch guard sprayed on it.

It makes the Bimini waterproof and easier to keep clean and the carpets easier to keep clean.

I did this cause it rained for 2 weeks after I brought the boat home, I also used car wax and polish on the hull.

Thanks mate i'll give it a try, i've got the same can at home from when we did our dining table chairs

Biminis are designed for shade more than anything else.Parrafin wax is a good waterproofer also.

On another note,you don't see many boats with canopies fitted anymore do you?I find them superior to biminis in wet weather and think the frames from either get in the way as much  as each other when fishing.

5 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Biminis are designed for shade more than anything else.Parrafin wax is a good waterproofer also.

On another note,you don't see many boats with canopies fitted anymore do you?I find them superior to biminis in wet weather and think the frames from either get in the way as much  as each other when fishing.

I will have a full length bimini for sale soon as I plan to cut mine off and replace with a bimini.  lol

Since mine is a bow rider, and the bimini is only short it hasn't got in the way of my fishing yet and its great to get out of the sun.

With Kids its better to have than not, if I do have 3 mates fishing then I take it off and tell them to bring broad brim hats.

Yeah mines a bowrider to... definitely a good option the other day at wyangla Dam I must say was good respite to get out a the  sun ..... Always sunny out here haha a Lil too sunny 

Edited by Omally