Watersnake problem resolved

Omally

Hi guys just thought I'd throw this up just in case anybody has had or having or about to have this problem nothing major but a real pain in the butt... My watersnake was deploying but not locking in and under pressure just kept on kicking up upon closer inspection I noticed it was catching on the release mechanism I'm glad I didn't push any harder other wise I would of snapped the bar I was pushing pretty damn hard out of frustration and it bent it.... Yeah lucky it didn't snap and I got it back into shape... Just needed a file., hope this helps someone... Cheers omally

IMG_20171214_30903.jpg

IMG_20171214_16160.jpg

IMG_20171214_47688.jpg

Thanks for the tip, I have the same motor but haven't been on the water yet, checked it and had to jiggle the handle a bit to get it to lock and i'll take my file just in case. I had the previous model for many years and the new one looks much improved , great value for money.

Yeah they are good I had one before a transom mount never had any issues... Yeah I spoke to a rep from Jarvis walker and he said he's seen it a couple of times they just need to be worn in but my one needed that Lil extra... Like you know how when metal rubs sometimes it sorts sticks thats what it was doing nothing major but really wrecked my day lol smooth as silk now can't wait to use it.... Cheers 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chappy's Therapy said:

Hi, I have a new 54 Watersnake combat model that was doing the same thing. With mine I push the lever and pull at the same time. 

I had a problem with the remote 1 month old. Jarvis walker said let us send you out another one. 

Yeah I tried doing that just wasn't happening and with the bar bending... Umm yeah was it the foot controller? I got a spare switch just in case as I heard they go quick... Cheers