Another tackle shop bites the dust - Gabe’s Fishing and Boating

mrsswordfisherman

Below is a post from Gabe’s Facebook page

Closing down Sale

Today is a very sad day for Gabes boating and fishing. After 18 years of serving our valued and loyal clients we have had to make the heartbreaking decision to close the doors. After Gabes passing Ray has worked tirelessly but facing some family health issues he can no longer sustain the hours required to run the shop.
Whilst this signals the end of an era,  in true Gabes style we are going to go out with a bang.
Effective immediately, we are having a massive closing down sale. Absolutely everything must go and no reasonable offer will be refused. That’s right, come in and make an offer on everything in store, we will even sell you the shelves if that’s what floats your boat.
There is plenty of stock and it all must go by Jan 26 so get in, say goodbye to Ray and while your there grab yourself a bargain. 
See you in store.

• 11 months later...

I completely missed this post! Surprised that no one has responded as it was very sad to hear about Gabe. Unfortunately, this was not my local fishing tackle store but i went out of my way to buy there when i needed gear and advice.

Disappointed that i missed the closing down sale. Hope everything went ok and Ray is doing ok.

Regards,
Nick

It’s sad because I enjoy going to a store and talking/ checking things out. Slowly all the physical stores are closing as there just isn’t enough business for them. 

Online has taken over and I have made my own contributions to that  

Its the same story in a lot of other areas of retail as well.