Burrill lake picking up

pauls

Burrill Lake should become a excellent fishing spot now the new bridge is in place and the old one that was blocking the water way has been removed. Ive fished there for 25 years and since they removed the guys that used to net it its been getting better ever since. Cant wait for my next trip to Burrill.

• 3 months later...
On 12/17/2017 at 7:38 AM, dogbox said:

Burrill Lake should become a excellent fishing spot now the new bridge is in place and the old one that was blocking the water way has been removed. Ive fished there for 25 years and since they removed the guys that used to net it its been getting better ever since. Cant wait for my next trip to Burrill.

Lake is looking better all the time. Since they opened the mouth 3 years ago, sand is returning to the shores around Kings Point. There are millions of tiny bream in there at present, big ones before too long! Reports of mulloway returning, some caught on lures . A caution to boats: A lot of shallow seagrass beds. Suggest going slow over them or avoid altogether. The speedboats over easter virtually mowed the beds! Weed washed up everywhere. Cheers!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, pauls said:

After a couple of days of small whiting and to many stingrays. I tried the low tide with nippers,

and this what turned up, my first good whiting of the season 

IMG_2318.JPG

I'm heading down there with the boat in 2 weeks time. Never fished it before. Staying at the Big 4 park. Any tips would be appreciated. Just lure fishing...