Fishing Webbs Creek

Aardvarking

I am heading out to a Ukrainian Scout camp in late December this year as I always do, and it is being held at Webbs Creek, near Wiseman's ferry. I probably won't have a whole lot of time to fish, but I'll be there for 5 days and I'm sure I can find some time to throw some lures. It will kill me for sure to arrive at a thriving fishery and not have a rod with me. I'm just wondering, what is the fishing like in Webbs Creek? I have heard that there are bass there, but I've also heard of bream flathead and jewies in the Wiseman's ferry part of the Hawkesbury, which feeds the creek. Is it in golden ratio of estuaries where there and fresh and saltwater fish, or am I better off just targeting bass? Our campsite is here, quite far up the creek:

5a3a188fb55f3_ScreenShot2017-12-20at6_55_36PM.thumb.png.8738786b7b8d22070eb505d98e037135.png

Any help on fruitful lures in the area is also greatly appreciated, soft plastic or hardbody.

In Webb’s Creek, you can catch bass, estuary perch, bream, flathead and mullet. I have caught small jew in the main river where the creek flows in. I have seen some carp right up in the upper reaches. I’d target bass if I were you. Years ago in the early ‘90s, I fished it with a fellow club member and we caught and released over 70 bass between us, mostly small. I actually wrote an article about that trip and had it published in Fishing World magazine. It was a light hearted article - it was a funny day! I have seen some big bass come out of there. Unfortunately, the last time, a few years ago was when I saw a boat tearing back downstream with both occupants each yahooing and holding up a brace of absolute stonker bass that I think should have been released! It’s nice getting up into the creek away from the ski boats and wake boats.

11 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

In Webb’s Creek, you can catch bass, estuary perch, bream, flathead and mullet. I have caught small jew in the main river where the creek flows in. I have seen some carp right up in the upper reaches. I’d target bass if I were you. Years ago in the early ‘90s, I fished it with a fellow club member and we caught and released over 70 bass between us, mostly small. I actually wrote an article about that trip and had it published in Fishing World magazine. It was a light hearted article - it was a funny day! I have seen some big bass come out of there. Unfortunately, the last time, a few years ago was when I saw a boat tearing back downstream with both occupants each yahooing and holding up a brace of absolute stonker bass that I think should have been released! It’s nice getting up into the creek away from the ski boats and wake boats.

Thanks for the in depth info, sounds like I'm gonna have a fun 5 days. Shame about the hoons though, hopefully I don't encounter any in my time there. I might try fishing an ecogear sx40 or a small squidgy wriggler so I can cover bass, bream and eps at the same time. Do you have any suggestions for lures that might work better? I have limited freshwater experience with lures, but I have a huge collection of bass lures I have inherited from my dad.