the entrance prawn fishing

fishoo

Hey lads,

I'm wanna go prawn fishing (first time in my life) and I was wondering if there are any specific spots I can go to?
I've heard about the entrance (lake Tuggerah)  been there before day fishing. I was wondering if there is a specific spot I need to go there? Any special gear besides a net and light?

Want to take dad fishing so I'm trying to prepare so its a great fishing (prawning) experience.

Any input is greatly welcomed.

Cheers,

Fishoo

• Like 1

My memory is vague as I prawned with my old man there about 30 years ago. There was a car park and a beach on the nothern side of the outlet just inside the bridge. Shallow wading and easy capture (or at least it was). Was a popular spot so I can't imagine it's too hard to find.1 tip I have is about pelican lice. I remember on many occasions returning home with bites all over my legs. Maybe some waders on wetsuit pants are a good idea.

https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/public-health-alert-entrance-channel/

Council advises water quality in The Entrance Channel may have been affected following a sewer overflow on the northern side of the channel, today Tuesday 2 January.

Council has contained the overflow and erected warning signs at the Karagi Park location (Hutton Road, The Entrance North, east of Dunleith Tourist Park). 

As a precaution, residents and visitors are advised to avoid swimming, fishing and other recreational activities in the area until further notice.