Can soft plastics be re used??

Kaneo

Hey raiders,

just wondering if soft plastics can be re used if they haven’t been striked or haven’t caught any fish. Was going to rinse them off in fresh water and then put them back in the bags for next session ?

Of course. I have a squidgy flick bait 2 years old now, chewed up, cut up and caught loads of kings legal and rats. Reckon it has a session or two left. 

Gulps have to be put back in the juice or they dry out.  And you have to be careful to only store Z man with Zman. You can’t store Zman and Squidgy together. They seem to melt. 

You can leave them on the jig head as well. But don’t put jig heads into the Berkeley gulp juice as the lead seems to leak out and makes a mess. 

17 hours ago, Kaneo said:

Yeah think illl do that just leave them on the jig give it a rinse and only keep the same lures together in their own original packaging :)

With Berkley shads, I found if I leave them on the lead head jig and put them back in the liquid solution that the lead reacts with something and sort of dissolves making a mess - probably changes the taste as well.  So I remove the plastic from the jigs, rinse both under fresh water, leave jigs to dry - helps them from rusting and put the plastics go back in their original solution.

Cheers Z