Wavebreaker cost

Bennythomo

we have made a couple.one on a 550steber..two on milligan nippers..we used marine ply 10/12mm..cut to shape using cardboard to make a stencil first..we built in handles in the top plate ..we glassed our first ones ourselves then painted..last one I took to a pro fiberglasser and he charged $280 and flow coated it to match colour..they arnt hard to make  .jig saw /circular saw/drill /file/sandpaper...rick

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

its a style of screen made from ply and fiberglass or alloy to replace a normal glass or Perspex windscreen on boats for fishos or spearos that may want to shoot bars or push a boat faster than normal at sea and maybe take a wave over the bow..the [wavebreaker] design is stronger so the screen doesn't collapse with a few hundred litres of water hitting it...I took a greenie over the bow on our first morning at Minnie waters a few years back..smashed my screen snapped off my sounder bracket and dumped bout 400 ltrs of water into boat...not good..and it came out of nowhere and I wasn't pushing it..we went into grafton that arvo.bought a sheet of ply and a jigsaw..we had battery  drills..and made one to last rest of trip..foto above is permanent replacement...seadevils and the like are 17 haines hulls with a solid wavebreaker screen...preferred by spearos...milligan nippers vseas like mine and a few other cuddys are designed with a bow shape that sheds water if one buries the bow accidently...hope this description helps clarify term wavebreaker...foto is of original screen...rick

PHOT0032.JPG

Edited by rickmarlin62

real fishos don't sit...lol....I hate sittin down travelling at sea..better to take the knocks an jars thru your legs than your back..the one on the steber was built to my height..im 6'2" and like looking just over the top that way when your standing back a little from the screen the wind goes over your head..no wind in the eyes is better for seeing where your going...rick

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, Fishop said:

Excuse my ignorance but what is a wavebreaker?

Google came up with all sorts of things.

Thank God someone else asked the question. I thought it was just me.