Port Hacking Jewfish

Reel' em in

Hi Guys

When out yesterday late afternoon with the aim to catch a jewfish in port hacking, with only same frozen squid that I had caught a few weeks ago, I decided to try and catch some live bait, we first tried trolling some lures trying for a tailor or two but no luck, so we to headed out to Jibbon for a squid but it was just to rough with the wind hitting close to 20 knots and the swell push in hard & fast we started heading back in to find a spot to fish for the night, as we were heading back in we saw a 10ft tinny struggling to towing a 18ft half cabin back in, I when up beside him and took over the tow, so for the next hour or so we were towing these guy back to the boat ramp at Swallow rock reserve, after getting them back to the ramp safely we looked at the time and it was a little bit past 7pm, so we hurried back to a spot to start fishing and make sure we didn't miss the sunset, we anchored up and through out a few strips of squid and sat back a relaxed waiting for that big hit, about 40min had pasted and not much was happening, I pulled out the 2min noodles for dinner and as soon as I put the first spoon in my mouth the rod started screaming off  I jumped up to grab the rod and dropped my noodles all over the floor so I was slipping a sliding as i was fighting the fish and after 5 min of fighting a nice size jew came to the surface & straight in the net, I was over the moon but before I could measure the fish my other rod when off and the reel was screaming it took a nice big run and kept on going I tightened up the drag but nothing was stopping it, it headed around the other side of the boat a started slowing down I got back as much line as I could before it went for another big run with some big head shakes i tightened up the drag a bit more a bag I was off brought up the line to see that it had pulled the knot, this is the first time I have ever had a knot pull on me before but seeing that we had one in the boat I was more then happy, we measuring the fish in at 83cm not the biggest jew in the world but I was happy to see my spot paid off and a good deed rewarder with a good fish.

IMG_0465.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1