Whiting

Bryson

Was flathead fishing the other day and got chatting to a fellow fisho who swore whiting are the best eating fish, so naturally I got some live worms and headed to the beach to hopefully find out for myself. 

Caught 2 whiting going 32 and 35 cm and left as the beach filled up with families. Took them home, watched a few videos on you tube on how to fillet them and had lunch. All I can say is I owe that man a beer, what a lovely feed. Will defo be taking one or two home when I catch them in the future. Hopefully I'll improve my filleting skills as you may see for yourself in the picture attached..... happy new year 

oh if anyone knows a better way of cooking whiting than salt pepper and fry that'd be awesome 

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0345.PNG

Edited by Bryson
  • Like 1

Last Friday, among some average sized flathead south of The Heads, there were heaps of good sized whiting and spiky flathead attacking the baits. The strong current was the only problem as it picked up around midday.A good sized flounder even came on board in sixty metres of water. Very unusual we thought.

Any seafood eats best when you do as little to it as possible.

I like whiting dipped i to seasoned flour, sautèd in butter & finished with some squeezed lemon & chopped parsley.

Also know as Meurniere.

In 4 to 5 minutes your eating whiting........mmmm.....

• Like 1